Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blog Break

I looked at someone's blog who had mine linked to theirs and it showed that my last post was five days ago. I knew it had been awhile, but didn't realize it had been that long. I normally am somewhat of a blog stalker, often checking my favorite blogs a couple of times a day to see if there is a new post. No pressure on anyone, though:) I usually really enjoy blogging every few days. Anyway, where have I been? Pretty much sleeping whenever my children sleep. I do not remember being this tired with Ellie or Luke's pregnancies. But this is also the first time I have been pregnant with two other children to take care of, so I don't know. There have been a few days that I honestly felt drugged and it was all I could do to meet their basic needs. Forget the other things-like house work. Thankfullly I am in the same place with my mom and we have almost moved in with her. My poor parents. Our dryer broke-so that's extra fun. And I have so much to do with the new house these days that I have recently let them take their naps at mom's house so I can run a few errands while they sleep (after I have slept a bit myself). Needless to say-super busy and blogging has fallen by the wayside.

As for the nausea-I have thrown up twice so far. Both times because I hopped out of bed too fast in the morning. But when your three year old is calling "mama!!"-that's just what you do, without thinking. So, now the saltine crackers have found their little home by my bed and will probably stay there for the next few months. Ellie and Luke seem to really think it's some kind of treat to eat saltine crackers first thing in the morning and have some along with their milk. I can't seem to get enough Subway sandwiches piled with crunchy veggies, especially sour ones, like banana peppers and pickles and a little vinegar as well. I decided today I can't go to Subway everyday so I bought my own stuff to make a sandwich at home. Also, last night at our favorite BBQ restaurant I finished off everyone's pickles. And although those things sound fairly healthy, unfortunately the weight gain is coming along nicely :( It makes me wonder if I'm having a girl, because no matter what I did with Ellie, it seemed the weight just came. And it seemed no matter what I ate with Luke, I did not really gain as much weight. Hmmm... That should be nice for my 10 yr. high school reunion in October. Oh well-that's life, right? Anyway, just wanted to say hey to all my blog friends and I haven't drowned in the midst of pregnancy and building a house.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne--Thanks for the update on your pregnancy. You made me laugh--but only because I know exactly what you mean. We find out tomorrow if it's a boy or girl. After having three boys, I'm not quite sure how to feel about the ultrasound! I pray you will feel more energy soon...I have been extremely tired this one as well, and it takes every bit of self-control in the Spirit, to mother the others with grace. Hang in there! Tell Steve hello. It's good to be in touch again...

Melissa said...

thanks for updating!! I figured you probably weren't feeling too great these past few days. I laughed out loud at how Ellie and Luke think its pretty neat to have saltines in the morning too...SO cute! That is pregnancy for you with two kiddos huh? I love it! I would love to be pregnant again but am waiting on the Lord to confirm that in my husband's heart as well;-) I will pray you have just the amount of energy you need to make it through each day~ Enjoy your mom being near--I just know she is excited you are close by for this pregnancy!! I would definitely let my kids nap at my parents house if we lived near! Cant wait to see pictures as your little baby bump grows:-) Lots of hugs and prayers...

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie!!! Hang in there :) Blogging is what I do to relax, LOL! I am behind a bit too though :) I love you, I'm sorry about the two joys, sick and tired. I hope you feel better soon!!! Wish I was there to help. So fun to get to be pregnant together!!! All my love, R

Sara said...

I have become a little bit of a blog stalker too since I started one this summer. So, I thought I would give you a post to read. I don't know why I check mine during the day because everyone else is sleeping. :) I hope you find time to rest!

Esther Bratton said...

I laughed when you said the weight gain cause I probably weigh a good 30 lbs more than you and unfortunately I'm not pregnant. My only excuse it that I'm addicting to ice cream :) Anywho, I'm glad to hear it's going Ok and I'll be praying that you are able to get rest and peace during the sane moments of life. Looking foward to seeing you at the Bible study tonight!