Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SURPRISE!

Yes, that's right. You're looking at a positive pregnancy test taken by me on Sun. morning! Looks like we're going to be having our third baby in February! It came as quite a surprise, but we are absolutely thrilled. Steven and I knew we wanted to have another one, but would've liked to have waited just a few more months until we got settled into our new house. You know, moving in the heat of July and being nauseous-not so fun. But that's okay, God knows and His grace is sufficient. Sun. morning it hit me that you know, my monthly visitor had not arrived as it does on time every single month. So, at 5:30 in the morning I went to Wal-Mart to buy a pregnancy test because I knew I would not be able to go back to sleep for thinking about it. Steven was a bit confused, since I had not even mentioned any possibility of being pregnant to him. Sure enough, that little pink line popped right up. Praise the Lord! It really is such a blessing. Especially since I have several friends who have quite a hard time getting pregnant on their own, it makes me so thankful that it is so easy for us. It truly is humbling to know that God has seen fit to bless us with another life. It makes me think, "God, really? Sometimes I don't feel as though I'm doing a very good job with the ones I have." I know you other moms know exactly what I am talking about.

So, I am also very excited to experience this pregnancy in the South, with family around. It hit me last night that all my family can be there this time. Ellie seems to really get it. (I mean, as much as she can) When I first told her, I explained that my belly would get big and when it was time, I would go to the hospital and the doctor would take the baby out. She didn't like the idea of me going to the hospital, it upset her a little. But now she seems excited and will ask me a few times a day "Mom, do you still have a baby in your tummy?" She also refers to the baby as she; "She will grow up and play with me", "Is she sleeping right now?" If I could pick, I would pick a boy, mainly for several different convenience purposes. But, we'll be thrilled with whatever the Lord chooses to give us. Also, I've been wrong with both of my pregnancies, I thought Ellie was a boy and was convinced Luke would be another girl. I'm pretty sure we will find out what we're having. I like the idea of waiting since we already have one of each. But again, I am the type who likes to have things organized and ready, so I think when it comes down to it, we will find out. That's about it. Oh, and I'm feeling really good for now, but it usually hits me around 8 weeks. I kind of think of it as the calm before the storm. So, stay tuned. I'll keep you updated on everything as our family (and my belly) continues to grow.

18 comments:

Krista said...

Ann - Congrats! That is so exciting. I may be calling you for some parenting advice. Thanks for sharing your fun news! Have a great day!

Amanda said...

Congrats Ann! It was so fun finding out at the beach. All the girls were so excited for you!! I know that whatever you have, he/she will be beautiful. The Moore girls sure have adorable offspring!

Ann said...

Hey Krista! How are things going? I've been thinking about you. Please call anytime. I would love to catch up and see how little Owen is doing. I know Ashley's been pressuring you to start a blog, so once things slow down for you, I might add some pressure as well!

Amy said...

Ann--Congratulations! It's hard to believe how big Ellie and Luke have gotten over the last year, and now you'll be adding another little one. It's been really great seeing the pictures and reading the stories you post. Pass along my congratulations to Steve.

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

Yay! I am so excited for you Ann! I think you are a fantastic mother..and if I could stay home, I would have had at least 3 by now! That is a blessing too! I know that God has chosen once again great parents! Keep me updated..and I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone! LOL

Melissa said...

Ann~ I just read the news on facebook but had to check out your blog because I thought you would write a little about it. I am just so very thrilled for you. God has given you such a beautiful perspective on his surprise:-) and you are so right in saying many people struggle to get pregnant. It is truly a miracle when God places a little life(sometimes lives) inside of us! Can't wait to journey through this with you!! BLessings on your little "girl" as ELlie would say~

Lele said...

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS PREGGERS!?!?!

Mark, Jordan, Spencer and Crosby said...

Congratulations! What an amazing blessing.

Ann said...

Thanks so much for all the kind words.
Lele-you always, always make me laugh. I can just hear you saying it.
Brooke-No worries, you didn't spoil anything!

Ashley Turnbull said...

What fun news, Miss Ann! You two sure are blessed - I am thrilled for y'all! And if you ever want to come to Huntsville to eat somewhere, call me, and I'll come help you w/ the little ones at the lunch table (smile) and we discuss religion and LOST. Anytime!

rhodes1 said...

I love hearing Ellie's comments! I can't wait to hear what she thinks in person!

Unknown said...

Ok...so you don't even KNOW how many times I've checked your Blog waiting for this post!!!!!!!!! Congratulations again Barber Family!!! What an enormous blessing. I must tell you, it is an indescribable feeling to have been able to go through all we have together - being new wives (fairly new, anyway ;), first child, second child, and now this!! I look SO forward to days spent reminiscing and speaking of the wonders of God's strength as he gives it to us when we need it!! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to chat again!!!

All my love,
R

Unknown said...

P.S. Don't you just LOVE tickers??? I got them off my friend Sarah's Blog! P.P.S. I am SO impressed with your friends. You get so many comments on almost every post, these are some attentive people Ann! They are keepers if you ask me. ;) Love and hugs, ~R

Scott said...

Well, let me be the first male to wish you congratulations. I know Ellie is calling a girl, but I thinking I'm having a little nephew.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! We'll be thinking about you and keeping you all in our prayers. Yes--isn't blogging such a fun way to keep in touch with friends and family?!

Unknown said...

Congrats Ann!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! :) We are so excited for you guys and even though we live far, far away (LOL) at least there are pictures and email!! :) Love you all!
Hollen

Lindsey said...

ann--how exciting! how far apart will luke and the baby be? i'm sure ellie is going to be so helpful!