Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Paint Color Marathon

So, I have just finished picking all the paint colors for every square inch of my entire new house. I have picked out lots of paint colors before, but never for that many rooms in only a few days. Also, I have always been living wherever I was painting, so I could just come home after going to the paint store. Not, go to the paint store, go to the new house, then go back home to the rental house. I don't want to sound like I am complaining too much. It really was a fun thing to do. And I am so thankful to have this opportunity-ESPECIALLY that someone else is doing the painting!! But there were a few of the colors that got on the wall and it really felt like they were saying "nana nana boo boo" and sticking their tongue out at me. Like it just wasn't the color that was on the swatch and I didn't really know how to find the color that I had in mind. It is so much pressure. Now, I know that no one in the whole world is going to care as much about what colors are on the wall, except me (Steven almost, but not quite). But colors can make or break a house.

So, I have made SEVERAL trips to Sherwin-Williams over the past few days, so many that when I walked in this afternoon, I just smiled and said "guess who?" The girl was making fun of me, because I had used up all the quart size samples. At first it was funny, but then she really started giving me a hard time. She even told me the painter had come in and was joking that I had painted so much on the walls, that I hadn't left them that much to do. I'm a little confused, because isn't that what you do when you're trying to find the right colors? Its kind of trial and error until you find the right color. I don't know, maybe I am a little OCD about it. Oh well, we'll see if it paid off tomorrow when they start putting all the colors up.

What were Ellie and Luke doing all day? Well, Ellie helped me on one of my trips to the house. She thoroughly enjoyed using a paint brush, dipping it in the paint, and getting to paint on a blank wall. And I should've known better than to let her in a house with all wet doors and trim. So, we left with white paint on one of her best play dresses.

Luke had a rough morning, because I took him in for his second haircut (of his entire life). He HATES haircuts. He knew exactly where we were as soon as we walked in and was just clinging to me, sobbing. I let him sit in my lap, but it was no help. He just kept his face buried in my chest until I had to pry him away so the barber could cut the front. Ellie was sympathetic for a second and came over and patted him on the back. But after that she was involved in some sort of pretend game where she would walk back and forth from the window to the chair, talking to somebody. Things got much better for Luke when it was over and the barber gave him a sucker. He kept it while we ran a few errands, and was still working on it at lunch. I didn't have the heart to take it away after his traumatic experience, so he would eat a few bites of lunch and then take a lick of his sucker. His hair is a bit shorter than last time, so we won't have to go back for quite awhile. I will post some pictures soon.

3 comments:

The Morrisons said...

I DON'T THINK YOU ARE OCD. I HAVE HAD PAINT WATCHES TAPED TO MICAH'S ROOM FOR A FEW WEEKS STILL TRYING TO DECIDE ON THE PERFECT ONE. I REMIND MYSELF THAT I CAN ALWAYS PAINT OVER IT, BUT I JUST WANT TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! MY BOYS HATE HAIRCUTS TOO. WE GIVE THEM THE SUCKER FIRST SO THAT THEY DON'T NOTICE THE SCISSORS SO MUCH! IT GETS COVERED IN HAIR, BUT I FIGURE IT WON'T HURT THEM! DID YOU GET THE E-MAIL ON SCHOOLING? JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU THOUGHT.

The Morrisons said...

SWATCHES, NOT WATCHES!

Lele said...

sweet luke!

i love reading your blog, ann! it makes me feel like i really know whats going on with you!