Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good Morning!

I hardly ever blog this early in the morning. But every now and then my eyes just pop open extra early and I love to get up before anyone else and catch some very fleeting quiet moments with my Bible and coffee and then, of course, the internet.

God decided we needed one more snow yesterday. That is what we always tell Ellie and Luke. They seem to always question the weather. "Why is it raining, why is it snowing today? (didn't think I would hear that last question as much as I have heard it this year) As much as I didn't want it, it really was beautiful. And I thought, why not embrace it? So I flipped on the fireplace and plugged in the coffee pot.

LB has come with Ada and John, of course. And yesterday everyone was here and it was noisy and crazy and babies were crying and there were lots of dirty diapers being thrown in the outside trash. No pictures :( But they all sure were cute and funny.

On a daily basis, there are about 1000 hilarious things being said that I try to remember, but hardly ever write down. And then when I get a chance to write them, I can't remember. A lot of these conversations happen in the car.

On Monday, when we were all coming home (including Steven) I was telling him about a girl that I know who I have invited to come to church. Ellie--who catches every conversation--asks, what are you talking about?

Me: "I have a friend and I want her to come to church"
Ellie: "Why?"
Me: "So she can hear about Jesus and how much He loves her and how much she needs Him"
Ellie: "Why?"
Me: "She needs Him because we are all sinners and He saves us."
-Must have not said "from our sins" because at this point (from the way back) Luke says... "Like spiderman?"
Steven and I looked at each other and kind of shrugged. Well, yes, but not exactly.

And then Ellie and Luke continued on into some hilarious conversation as Ellie was trying to explain salvation (and doing a very poor job). There was some argument as to spiderman and/or Jesus saving us from monsters. Not really sure of the details.

Well...the herd is waking up. Andrew is now awake and just pulled the cord out of the computer. Gotta go. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Scott said...

You have to start keeping up with these Luke comments so you can continue to share them. They're great.