Monday, March 15, 2010

All Over the Place

Literally. Physically. Luke and I are visiting LB and the rest of the Moore crew for a few days over spring break. Mom kind of got the raw end of the deal and kept my two more, um...challenging children at her house. And Steven, well, he is in Israel for two weeks and you can read about his trip here. I have been urging him to join the blog world for awhile, so go on over and tell him welcome! Also, ask him about his fanny pack. Steven, don't kill me, I had to do it. I was flipping through some pictures one day and saw a picture of one of his trips he was on (after he was a grown man) and he definitely had a fanny pack around his waist. I could not stop laughing. He claims it is not a fanny pack, because the one he has now is flat and it goes under his shirt. Sorry, babe, it is a fanny pack. Steven has some "issues" with losing stuff, specifically his wallet, keys, etc. So I guess a fanny pack is better than losing your wallet in a foreign country. Steven, we miss you! Hurry back with your fanny pack :) Haha-I guess we're both dorks.

So, why do I just have Luke? Well, as mom explained to someone, we are trying to divide and conquer. Luke and Ada play really well together. And Laura Beth still isn't getting tons of sleep, so I'm hoping to be of some help to her. And it is easier to do that when I am not breaking up fights every two seconds. Also, trying to kill a few days while Steven is gone. Two weeks is a long time! The first week is doable. But the second one can get pretty tough. He was gone last year to Greece for 10 days, so I'm speaking from experience.

I have so enjoyed just having Luke today. It is so rare to be with any of my children by themselves for any length of time. His personality is a little different without his big sister around. We had some cute conversations in the car. After awhile he turned off his DVD player. I said, did you want to put in another movie? He said, "no, I just want to talk to you." Sometimes he makes my heart melt. So, then we had a conversation that went something like this.

Luke: "I have a frog in my tummy."
Me: "A frog? How did it get in there?"
Luke: "I think I ate it."
Me: "Really? Well, what is he doing now?"
Luke: [grinning] "He is jumping around."
Me: "How is he going to get out?"
Luke: "I don't know, maybe he'll jump out."

He must have liked the conversation, because a little while later he told me there was a turtle in there and then after that a turtle and a frog. He has also told me a few times today that I am his best friend. Too, too much.

2 comments:

Lele said...

Haha!! Ann...Eric has the same "fanny pack" that he claims is not a fanny pack. I told him if he's gonna wear it (he only wore it while he was in europe) he needs to embrace it! :)

Mary Ann said...

Ann,
I am dying over all that cute stuff that Luke said. I can't wait to see all 3 of your little stinkers. I'll be coming to S'boro on 3/24 and leaving on Sat. 3/27.

I'm loving Steven's Israel blog.

Love,
Mary Ann