Monday, March 8, 2010

It's the Little Things

The other night when Steven and I went to Huntsville I introduced Steven to Anthropologie and he bought me this...


I couldn't decide. I stood there forever holding them and even pretending to drink (Steven definitely made fun of that), but he finally said, "how about this one?" So this is what I picked. I absolutely love it! It makes me even a little bit more excited to drink my coffee in the morning. And it makes me happy just to look at it.

It also makes me happy to look at this...
Especially the one on the left. Not that I don't love seeing the Cars underwear on my sweet Luke. But what is it about a baby's bottom? Ellie feels the same way. She just can't keep her hands off.


Today made me VERY happy. The weather was unbelievable. We were all very thankful for it...


I was one of the very eager people at Home Depot just looking for something to plant. Ellie was very eager as well. Her pot is the small black one on the left. She was pretty sad that I wouldn't let her take it to her room to keep. I promised her I would look for an African violet tomorrow that she could keep in her room.

One last thing that I certainly don't want to leave out...

I'm sure you've probably made them or eaten some that someone else has made. If not, you really should make them or talk someone into making them for you. I think the official name is oatmeal scotchies. I just call them oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips. Next time you are at the store, go to the baking aisle and pick up a package of Nestle Butterscotch morsels. The recipe is on the back. You probably have most everything on hand. Steven and I seriously
can. not. stop. eating them.

Thank you, Lord, for all the little blessings you have given me just today.

4 comments:

Laura Forman said...

oh my goodness that little booty is precious!! it made me laugh, i loved it! sadie has now found out that she loves to be naked and her little naked behind is just too much :)

thanks for all of your advice you left over on my blog friend!! :)

Jodie said...

Yeah, I'm a sucker for my babie's booty too!

Sarah said...

Eating my oatmeal this morning, I remembered the butterscotch chips in the cupboard. . .hmmmm. Didn't make them today, but I was seriously tempted!

Anonymous said...

I was loving the mug...and then...Andrew stole the show. Adorable!!!

Now that Hope is potty trained she has decided it's hilarious to wrap up a sit on the pot by streaking through the house...it's just about the cutest thing!