Monday, August 24, 2009

Tootsie Pops and a Little Bit of Fall Weather...

As I sit here to blog, I can see piles of clean clothes that need to be folded and piles of dirty dishes that need to be put in the dishwasher. BUT I would much rather blog than do those things. Actually I started this post last night but couldn't hold my eyes open long enough to finish it, so by goly, I am going to do this before this night ends the same way. Andrew has been deciding to get the day started around 5:30 am and by about 9:30 at night I am not good for anything.

So we have been enjoying some Nana and Poppy time over the last week which is always a treat. While we will get to see Nana again on Friday, Poppy had to fly back to Albuquerque yesterday. Ellie and Luke were pretty bummed, so to try and make the good-bye a little easier, he treated them to the best the BP station could offer-M&M's and Tootsie Roll pops. It definitely helped ease the separation. When we got in the house, I made them sit in one spot on the kitchen floor and told them not to move or they would never see their suckers again. I feel like I am pretty relaxed about most messes, but stickiness makes me kind of crazy.

Andrew has all of a sudden reached the "I will grab anything that I can get my hands on" phase. I kind of forgot and before I realized it, this happened-



Oh well, it made for some cute pictures.

We really enjoyed the beautiful day on Saturday!! Ellie and Luke have recently been into playing "hopsquatch". I'm not really sure where they learned it, but they really get into it-especially the hopping on one foot. And yes, Luke is in his underwear. Redneck, I know. Good thing we don't have any neighbors yet.

We're excited about football season around here. I am going to try to make it to Auburn at least once while I still have sisters in school there. From what I hear, they are living in college luxury. Sarah has a pool table and flat screen at her house. Quite a step up from my teeny tiny college dorm room. (Although I wouldn't trade those days for anything-fun times-quick shout out to all my rooomies-girls, you know who you are:)) Anyway, I plan on taking full advantage of the college lusciousness! I have recently taught Ellie and Luke the Auburn fight song. They love it! Steven and I had this deal before we had children, that if we had a girl I would be allowed to sway her to be an Auburn fan and the boys would be his to brainwash into pulling for the Dawgs. So far, I have not held up my end of the bargain...



War Eagle!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Ann! I love the pictures!
Soo.. I know you have 3 little people to take care of .. but would you take some more pictures of your house and post them? You have such great style and I would love to see what you did. Please, please? AND, I was hoping you would blog about your personal training stuff that I read about on FB. That sounds like fun!

Mary Ann said...

The pictures are sooooo cute. Before you know it, Luke and Andrew are going to be two brothers playing and running around together inside the house and outside in the yard. I haven't quite figured out how Ellie fits into that picture (haha).

rhodes1 said...

I'm glad I've finally got a good use for that shirt! It needed to be worn.

Susan said...

Thanks, Ann! I'm so grateful!
Guess we're in the same boat - building a house and pregnant! Just found out this week - whoa!

Vanessa said...

I have that same shirt!

Hollen said...

Toooooo cute! LOL I love Luke's shirt! :) Oh, and I love Andrew trying to grab the M&M's and the Tootsie Pop! LOL