Friday, August 14, 2009

Introducing...

Potty-trained Luke!


I think it's official. And some celebrating was definitely in order. We went to Wal-Mart today to make some new underwear purchases. He was excited to say the least. Here he is modeling not one, not two, but all three pair from the newly opened package. I tried to explain that he only wears one at a time, but a meltdown was coming on, and I thought, why not all three? If he did have an accident, it would be less likely to get on something.

It's ashame they put the big Lightning McQueen on the back. It makes it so hard to look at!

As if you hadn't noticed, he is OB. SESSED. with the movie "Cars". It used to be bad and then there was a break there for awhile. Now it is back like never before. After he had left for school the other day, I walked in my bedroom and saw this sitting on the bed. Just waiting for him to get home. You can see one of the Lightning McQueens has been loved on quite a bit. His eyes are rubbing off. Kinda like the Velveteen Rabbit.


Here are my other two troublemakers. I think Andrew has some of Ellie in him. Here he is thinking "teach me everything you know." As in today she was messing with Luke pretty bad and I told her "no dessert after lunch." Her reply was, "I didn't want any dessert, anyway." Wow! We deal with this type of thing on a pretty regular basis. She keeps me praying for wisdom.

I'll leave you with this last Ellie story:

The other day she was sitting on the step in time out. I told her that her attitude was terrible and suggested she pray and ask God to change her heart. I don't think she gets the concept of praying silently yet. I walked away and heard her praying very loudly "Puh-leeez, God, change my heart" "Puh-leeeeez, God, help me be sweet" and "Puh-leeeeeeeez, get me out of time out"

6 comments:

alex&stacey said...

I love the pictures of Luke - please pass your pointers this way and tell me what worked!!! I couldn't help but laughing at Ellie...such honesty!

ChelRod said...

Yay for potty training! We have been doing the same thing this week and the girls have done a fantastic job! Celebrating is in order our way too. I love the story about Ellie. The things they say just blows my mind!

nurseheather said...

congrats luke - 2 down 1 to go huh? yeah! and the story of ellie is hilarious. something my paloma would say for sure. except her response these days is "i don't waaaana pray. no. i don't wannnna." ok. not sure how to quite deal with that ugliness but we're struggling along as well. stick with it - i keep telling myself hopefully my hard work will pay off and they will be productive law abiding, God fearing citizens (although we're taking bets paloma has a run in with the law first....)

Jodie said...

that is hilarious! I love the prayer, you should send that in to Parent Life magazine, they put those kind of stories in each month. They are all so cute.

Sarah said...

Little ones are so funny! Love the undies on all at once and I LOVE what you shared about Ellie. Does she make you wonder if she'll be an attorney some day? We wonder that about Ruby with some of the things she reasons (like Ellie's dessert comment). They sure are a lot smarter than we think sometimes, aren't they? (Sometimes, I swear I can see the gears turning as a response is thought of.)

Hollen said...

ROFL ROFL ROFL I love the Ellie story! And YAY for Luke's potty training!! :)And...LOL "I didn't want any dessert anyway!" LOL