Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Last Couple of Days

How do you like my new blogging kick? Are you glad or thinking "get a life"? I think a lot of it is having a new camera and constantly having the urge to use it.

Yesterday was Monday=Steven's day off. He was oh-so-kind to let me go to Huntsville and leave Ellie and Luke with him. A dear friend that I hadn't seen since my wedding was in town and I wanted to see her. Laura Beth and Andrew came along for the ride and we also made a stop at good ol' Target which as it most often does-comes through for me with really great prices on really cute stuff! I got these on sale for $12.99:
(They are red-in case you can't tell. LB couldn't resist them either)

We also went to a fabric store and I picked up a few samples. It took me forever. I know Laura Beth and Andrew were about ready to push me out the door. There are just so many and I love so many and I get very overwhelmed. So this is what I found. (I am not about to buy any of this BTW, I just like to know what I would do if I could.)

I would like to revamp my couch. The old pillows are more of a red, well, more of a rust color. Not my favorite. This is what I would like to have pillows in:
And I would really some pillows made out of this for my bed:

I will accept any design advice from much more experienced designers than myself. I went to 3 years of school for interior design. But that is where it ended. I especially am lacking in my experience with fabrics.

Because of all my time spent away from the house yesterday, this is what I am dealing with today:
And those aren't all, there are lots more dirty in the laundry room.

While I am trying to catch up, Ellie and Luke have been busy pretending. I have to step in fairly often to break-up fights, but for the most part, I would say it has been a huge blessing to have them so close in age. They fight hard, but they play hard. As you can see in this picture, kitty (Ellie's attachment since she turned one) spent most of the morning napping in Andrew's bed. Not really sure why there are tissues covering his face.
No more potty stories to report. I just thought I would show you the cute face behind all the messy disasters: (Notice the band-aid on his shirt)


4 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Ann--love all the updates and pics!

rhodes1 said...

Luke makes the best faces! I might run to Huntsville and buy the shoes also. I saw Laura Beth's and loved them!

Amanda said...

Ann- I LOVE those fabrics. What store did you find them at? King Cotton?

Sarah said...

Luke is terribly darling. Love that first pic of him. Looks like Opie Taylor.

I think you have a good eye for fabrics. Though that should not really be saying much, since I have NO eye for any such home decor, whatsoever. All the same, I'm impressed with your taste, and always have been.