Monday, September 7, 2009

Haircuts and The Beach

I had posted a blog last week with pictures and a "tour" of my house. My mom called me and said that may not be the smartest thing to give any crazies out there a look into our entire house. I am pretty paranoid about things like that, so it was promptly removed. That is what happened-if you were wondering.

I've slacked a bit on blogging lately. Mainly because...(drumroll, please)...we are going to the BEACH on THURSDAY!!!! Well, technically we aren't going to be at the beach until Saturday. But we are going to break-up the trip with a stop off in Evergreen, AL at my aunt's house. Thursday my little Lukie will be three, but we will be celebrating on Wednesday with cupcakes at school and I am bringing a cake to church that night. So...basically, I need to be finished packing tomorrow night. And this will be different from a trip to visit a friend or family. I need to think of EVERYTHING. I can't just borrow some toothpaste if I forget mine. And that is what's going on with us.

Something else that is going on with us is haircuts. Luke got his usual Wal-Mart chop and I decided it was time to do the same for Ellie. I had wanted to try this for awhile and thought it would look really cute on her. Pretty darn cute, don't ya think?


(Please excuse the t-shirt. Mom got it for her without realizing what it says-Center of Attention-we don't like to encourage this-it's bad enough as it is. We only let her wear it at home)

She loooved getting it done and loves it-I'm pretty sure she feels very grown-up. And looks pretty grown up as well :( She has asked me if it will grow out and I told her it will, but we can get it cut again. Everyday she asks if it has grown out yet.

Here are a few more dress-up/beach prep pictures. Ellie and Luke are getting anxious about the beach as well. Luke keeps saying "the beach is taking too wong". I think it makes him feel better to try on his swimsuit with the built-in flotation device. And try it on he does. He wears it often. I taught them how they could chest bump in these things and they think it is HU-larious!


Look for our next post to be pictures full of sandy white beaches, crystal clear water, and loads of sunshine (no hurricanes, please!)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

OMG I LOVE Ellie's hair!! It is SO cute. Have a great time on your vacation!

LB said...

I am so jealous of the beach vacation--but excited for ya'll:) Hopefully one of these days we'll be meeting you there.

LB said...

one more thing, I can totally hear Luke saying, "the beach is taking too wong." So cute. We wish we could be at the birthday party. Give him a hug from Ada:)

Hollen said...

Too cute!! AND I LOVE ELLIE'S HAIR! :)