Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Busy Weekend






So, I don't have a lot to blog about, but for those of you who are breathlessly waiting to see what we've been up to since last weekend, I thought I would end the suspense. Haha, I am just kidding. Although, with my recent blog interest, I have to say that I am very curious as to what other bloggers have been up to. What is it about that? The interest with getting a glimpse into other people's lives. One very interesting fact that LB told me-There was a lady on the Today show that has been blogging for 7 years. And since so many people now read her blog, advertisers are paying her to advertise. Get this-she is making so much money off of that, her and her husband were able to quit their jobs and live off of all the advertising!!!! Keep reading my blog, people!


So, back to the weekend. On Friday I went to B'ham for Kelly's birthday. She is one of my best friends from Auburn. Her husband, Heath, put together a dinner at cheesecake factory. Yum!! I was able to see quite a few college friends, which is a rare treat. Saturday morning, Laurahelen, (who is one of my other best friends), Hayley Tucker, and I got manicures. Another rare treat! Last night, Sarah and I went to see Prince Caspian. Very good, by the way. Although Ellie gave us a quite a fit about going to bed, thanks to Steven, I was still able to go. And to keep the busyness of the weekend going, we kept some of our friends' children this afternoon. You should have seen all of us in McDonalds. We were all shoved into the booth and there were chicken nuggets and fries (and ketchup) everywhere. Later in the day, we went to a graduation baccaleaurate service(I have no clue if that is even close to being spelled correctly), where my dad was the speaker. (He did an excellent job) And Ellie had fun jumping off the bleachers at the high school gym. We finished off the day with a graduation dinner for the graduates at our church. So, there you have it. A very busy weekend, indeed. Tomorrow starts our first week of Ellie being out of school for the summer. We will have to get creative in our activities so that we do not get so bored. I think we will readjust and get into a "summer routine", but it may take a few weeks. Also, we are moving along nicely with all the interior trim in the house (crown moulding, baseboards, interior doors, etc.) So...that means paint colors will come soon! Very exciting, but lots of pending pressure to find the perfect colors. They're so tricky, you know. You're sure you have the right one, and then you put it up and it starts turning on you. Anyway, I will keep you updated.


These are a few funny Ellie quotes that I have been meaning to post:


She is bouncing around-really hard. "Mom, I wish I had a tail like Tigger." Pause. "With my bottom"


Steven, Ellie, Luke, and me are all playing/lying/wrestling in the bed a few Sun. afternoons ago. She pats Steven's stomach, giggles, and says "Daddy, it's like a pig, Daddy" I was laughing so hard.


Lately she has been mentioning 2 imaginary friends, who she sometimes says are her little boys. Their names are Dee and Kurla. Where in the world?


She's doing this a lot now: She's sitting on the chair watching a movie and wants me to go get her something. (kitty, lipstick, juice, etc.) I don't like to make a habit of just bringing her stuff. She is perfectly capable of getting most of it herself. So, I tell her "Ellie, if you want it, you can go get it." And in this really dramatic, pathetic voice "But mom, I'm soooo tired, and I don't feel very well."


2 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Ann, so fun to see those girls! Ya'll are too cute. I guess you got Krista's email? Yes - a BIG baby came yesterday!

LB said...

oh wow, laughing out loud. A tail like tiggers? She is such a hoot!! Love the sunglasses pictures.

those quotes were just too funny. Awww...makes me want to see ya'll.