Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE Question

So, the other day I was sitting on the couch and Ellie says "Mom, how did the baby get in your tummy?" Hmmm...good question, Ellie. I told her that God is the author and creator of life and He is the one who decides when it is time for a baby to grow in a mommy's tummy. At first I was going to say something about a mom and daddy being married, but at some point, we will run into a mom who is not married. Besides, the answer I gave her is the absolute truth, the rest is just details, right?

5 comments:

LB said...

I am so glad you blogged about this. I really hoped you would. I also like the story about what she said when hearing we were going to Olive Garden. I can't wait until Ada reaches the age where she can ask really funny things, though I hope I am as quick as you are to come up with an appropriate answer.

The Morrisons said...

amazing answer. I think I need to write that one down. I know I would have given way too many details for a three year old when all they want is a simple answer!

Hollen said...

AWWW! Ellie! LOL Good answer Ann! LOL

Sarah said...

I like your answer, Ann. About your Wal-mart commenter, I have to say it's things like this that make me more careful before judging a stranger who is doing something I KNOW I would MOST ASSUREDLY NOT DO! There usually is a very logical reason why some people do the things they do with their children (and then there are other people, but I won't go there:) and it really does make sense when you have the whole story. But it can look absolultely ridiculous without all the pieces to the puzzle. Sometimes I keep quiet with people like this just to remind myself that they don't have to know (or even agree if they did know) what is actually going on. It's your child, and you have your reasons. You are answerable to God, not them.

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

Great answer!!! I tagged you..so check out my blog