Thursday, October 2, 2008

Healthy Baby Boy!

We found out this morning we are having our second boy!! I am so very excited about that. I had really been thinking lately how that is what I felt like would be best. It really seems like to me that Luke could use a brother. However, God's ways are not always our ways (thank goodness!!) and I just didn't know if that was what He had decided was best for our family. The four of us went for the ultrasound and it went really well and was super fast. We saw his "boy" part almost immediately. I actually saw it at exactly the same time as the ultrasound tech did and knew. It was pretty obvious. She was great and even did some 4D pictures for us. He looks very healthy and his face looks a lot like Luke to me (just from what I can tell). No pics to post because I don't have a scanner. Ellie had said it would be a girl very often and refers to the baby as a "her". But she hasn't seemed in the least bit sad. Luke had no clue what was going on and was much more interested in the toy that was in the room. He kept saying "wook! wook!" I thought he was talking about the ultrasound pictures, but he was talking about the toy. He will get it soon enough. So we can cross all our girl names off the list and just focus on the boy names. (which we have almost decided) I'll let you know when a decision has been finalized. So there is my news...just as promised!

14 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! Have fun picking the name.

Laura Forman said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to hear the name :)cj

The Morrisons said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you. I am obviously partial to boys as that is all I've got. I love having two of them. Hope all is well. Glad things seem well with Ellie lately. I know how I cherish those "good" times. Talk to you soon.

jane said...

congratulations! what fun! isn't it neat how God prepares our heart sometimes...

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are sooo excited for you!! :) Love ya'll!
Hollen

nurseheather said...

yeah - i'm so happy for you. you'll be one busy lady but loving every minute of it i'm sure. thanks for sharing your special news.

Mark, Jordan, Spencer and Crosby said...

Congratulations!

The Slagleys said...

Congratulations on boy #2! That will be so fun!

Ashley Turnbull said...

How fun, Ann! Congratulations to you guys! I am so excited for you! Hope to see you guys soon...

Stephanie said...

Hey!! We are still laughing over Luke's conversation with Nana. He says, "Hey Nana, a bruder".. LOLOL That has got to be the cutest thing I have ever heard. LOL Anyway, we are so excited for you all and can't wait to meet the newest Barber. LOVE YOU!!

Sarah said...

I forgot you were going to find out last week--hurray! Another boy! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Ann!!! Congratulations~ how exciting-- another boy. I think it would be so much fun to raise two boys:-) I can't wait to hear the name you decide on.

alex&stacey said...

Yeah! I kept meaning to look because I was dying to know and kept forgetting...so, here's a belated congratulations on the newest little guy!

David, Rachel, Drews and Kate said...

yay for a little boy! I am so excited for you and cant wait to hear the name! :)