Monday, January 17, 2011

Good to Be Home and Gigi's Cupcakes

I am back from the National Championship game in Arizona.  Back from a wedding this past weekend in Chattanooga.  And Steven is back from a retreat that he spoke at over the long weekend.  Lots of traveling and miles between our family.  Very thankful that we are all home tonight.  Thank you, thank you, Lord for answered prayers that my family would come back together safely!

WAR EAGLE a thousand times over!  It was beyond fun and exciting to be at the game cheering with thousands of Auburn fans for the National title.  I was also beyond tired as you can see in the last picture.  My pregnant body was saying, "What are you trying to do to me?"  Our flight home from Las Vegas to Atlanta left Vegas at 11:30 p.m. (1:30 a.m.) our time.  We had a 3 hour layover in Atlanta which actually turned into 7 hours.  All of that plus add in some fast food/airport food and I was one sick and tired girl.  So worth all the exhaustion, though!  I had such a great time with my one of my dearest college friends, Laurahelen.  So much time to catch up and really talk, not just our normal 10 minute phone catch-ups.  An incredible memory!  And then coming home to the snowstorm of the century.  Wow!  The day of the game, Steven sent me a picture on my phone of Ellie and Luke beside their snowman with an Auburn shirt on.



There were a lot of people, as in my mother, and Steven's mother, who were a HUGE part of me being able to take the trip.  Not to mention, Steven, who pretty much planned the entire thing for me.  Thank you, thank you! 

I was just starting to feel semi-normal again on Friday when Steven headed out for the youth retreat.  So (as we usually do when Steven goes out of town ) headed over to my parents for a long weekend.  Ready or not mom and dad, here we come!  The boys stayed with my mom and dad on Saturday and Ellie and I drove to Chattanooga for a friends' wedding.  I was able to see some of my college friends twice in one week.  And others I hadn't seen in years.  It was a beautiful wedding and as usual, there is never enough time to catch up with college girlfriends.  Ellie ate it up.  She loved being one of the girls and couldn't wait to get out on the dance floor.  I was too busy talking and she tugged my arm until finally I had to get out and twirl around with her a little bit. 

Today Mom had to go to Huntsville for a few things and rather than be at my very dirty, backed-up laundry, dirty dishes house, I procrastinated and we went with her.  We ate lunch at Five Guys.  And after that healthy meal, went to Gigi's Cupcakes.  It was my first experience.  And it is just that, an experience.  A sweet friend from church had given each of the kids a gift card for a cupcake and we wasted no time in using it.  We brought home a box full! 






1 comment:

Esther Bratton said...

You always look beautiful. But I have to say that even though this pregnancy has made you ill it certainly becomes you! Never have i seen a more lovely pregnant women!! Oh...and after reading you blog i am now craving cupcakes! might have to make some :)