Monday, May 17, 2010

An Unforgettable Wedding Weekend

I'm sitting at my mother's house right now.  Steven took Ellie and Luke to Huntsville to pick up Andrew's one year portraits.  Andrew is asleep upstairs.  I just got back from the doctor a little while ago.  I have an ear infection and a sinus infection and I am feeling every bit of it.  I might have done it to myself.  I started catching a cold Thursday night, but was not about to miss the wedding weekend of a childhood friend.  Beth Bratton got married on Saturday.  Steven performed the ceremony and therefore we were included on Friday night for the rehearsal dinner as well.  I will steal a few pictures from my mom, because trust me, you want to see this.  It was UN-believable.  Unlike anything I have ever been to.  (You may have seen a lot of these if you also check out my mom's blog--she pretty much did a documentary of the entire weekend.)

This is my dear friend, Esther.  She is the sister-in-law of the bride.  And 6 months pregnant.  Hard to believe, right?  She is having a baby girl, Charlotte Frances.  


  

About halfway during the dinner, Steven left to go to the bathroom.  Shortly after, I received a text on my phone from him.  It said:  I am locked in the bathroom.  I promise.  I had to go find someone to let him out.  Hilarious.  


Now the wedding day.
An artist who painted the ceremony.  Yes, painted a picture of the ceremony.  Like, during the ceremony.  Just whipped it up.  And you can see, it was beautiful.

The wedding was at Gorham's Bluff in Pisgah, Alabama.  Gorgeous.






The cake.  And the bride in the background.  At this point she was still wearing her first dress.  She changed into a second one for dancing.




It was incredible, to say the least.  I did not feel incredible, though, and it was very frustrating and disappointing.  I had a huge pile of huge tissues at my table.  Classy.  

Anyway, it was worth it.  

This will be the first week having Ellie and Luke home from school.  I'm hoping we can get into a little routine of some sort.  Otherwise, the days could get really long.

No comments: