Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some of My Favorites

I have a book of quotes that I received as a gift when Ellie was born.  These are some of my favorites...

"They always looked back before turning the corner, for their mother was always at the window to nod and smile, and wave her hand at them.  Somehow it seemed as if they couldn't have got through the day without that, for whatever their mood might be, the last glimpse of that motherly face was sure to affect them like sunshine."  Louisa May Alcott from Little Women


The hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.
W.R. WALLACE

All women become like their mothers.  That is their tragedy.  No man does.  That's his.
OSCAR WILDE
The Importance of Being Earnest 

Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
ANON

So thankful for my Godly mother, and mother-in-law.  And beyond thankful that God has allowed me to become a mother myself.  It is the greatest joy.  Yet today, the thing I want most for Mother's Day is a night to myself.  Ironic, huh??  Normal I think for this season of life.  Happy Mother's Day!!


2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Ann,

I love this blog post. All the quotes are wonderful.

Love,
Mary Ann

Sarah said...

Here's hoping you get what you want most! I can relate, and I think you're right--it is probably VERY normal for this season and a woman in your situation (SAHM).