Thursday, February 4, 2010

He's One!

Andrew is now one. I am 29! And baby John still does not have a birthday yet.

I don't have a ton of birthday pictures, but here are the highlights.



Tuesday night I got home pretty late after my sewing class. But I was caffeined up and ready to watch LOST. We had seriously not even made it to the first commercial and I heard Andrew cry. I walked in his bedroom to find his face and bed covered in throw up. It was one of those, "You have GOT to be kidding me" moments. Bless his heart. He threw up one more time about an hour later and that was it. It could have been much worse.

But now Steven has got some form of it. He had a fever and chills last night. I don't know if he has had a fever since we've been married. He has eaten a few crackers today and that is it. I mean, he is really sick. So I have been a single mom since last night. To say I am tired right now would be a massive understatement.

Luke saw Steven's gatorade and came running to me asking for "sick juice". Also, I told them not to get to close as not to catch his germs. Luke saw some spot on the bed and asked if it was a germ.

A few updates:

The fridge guy came today thinking he could fix the problem without making us buy a new computer board. He worked on it for about 30 min. and said, "so sorry-I tried-but couldn't fix it". I guess a new LG computer board will be on its way to our house.

The sewing thing and me seem to be clicking. Even though I have wanted to throw the sewing machine out the window a few times, I really like it. I have done a pair of pajama pants for Ellie and Luke. I may not be able to to do anything else, but I can make a good pair of elastic-waisted pants. Who doesn't want tons of those?

Everyone in my house is asleep and I think I am about to join them...

4 comments:

The Henderson Family said...

The cupcakes turned out better than the picture. Love them! I hate that they are sick - hoping you won't get it.

Lauren said...

Andrew is to cute!! My little Noah has that same outfit on tonight. I really enjoy reading your blog. I also subscribe to LB's blog. So were are you taking your sewing classes?? I really would love to learn and I was thinking of checking at our local Hancock's to see if they offer classes.

Lauren said...

Thanks for the tip on sewing classes!! I was the same way with cleaning until my kids came along. Now if I don't plan it, it don't happen. I still have my days when I'm lucky if I get the bed made and a little laundry done, but I'm ok with that. I know I can get back on my schedule soon and that my babies are more important.

Lele said...

Ann!! Yes!! I almost ALWAYS order my fabric online, from etsy.com. Their prices are WAY cheaper than my fabric store here. I usually just search under "supplies" then enter some of my favorite fabric designers: Amy Butler, Michael Miller, Tanya Whalen, Alexander Henry, Heather Bailey, etc.

ps- your cupcakes were ADORABLE!!