Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just So Ya Know

Are you about to buy a refrigerator? If you are, I am about to tell you something that I wish someone would have told me (or maybe I should have researched a little more). Do not buy an LG. It stopped working yesterday. The good news is we have a refrigerator in our garage that I was able to move everything to. The bad news is I have to walk to the garage every time I need to get something out and then back to put it up.

Anyway...
Today the repair guy came and said there is a fuse that is messed up/blown (not familiar with these terms at all). Apparently in the LG it is connected to the computer board. And you can't simply replace the fuse (which is only about 5 or 6 dollars). Because of the way it is made, if a fuse is blown, you must replace the entire computer. Wanna know how much? 437. As in dollars. And 16 cents. We have had it a year and a half.

There is some hope. He (the repair guy) said he is going to do some research and see if there is any way we could just replace the fuse and not the entire computer board. If he can't do that-his advice? Get what we can for the fridge and buy another brand (he suggested Whirlpool). He apparently feels very strongly about the LG brand.

So...I thought I would share this little piece of info with you all. Just in case there is someone who might benefit from it.

I will let you know the outcome of our refrigerator saga.

In the meantime, we are...

1. Anxiously anticipating the arrival of my nephew, baby John.

2. Wondering if he might be born on either mine(Feb.1) or Andrew's(Feb.2) birthday.

3. Anxiously anticipating the season premiere of LOST. (Actually, it's just me. Steven kind of shakes his head when I talk about it with giddiness) It is also on Feb. 2. It's a big day, considering it is also the day I will complete my first sewing project!! All the while...

4. Fighting off another round of colds. I think we keep passing them back and forth. Goodness gracious, will they ever end?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry about the colds, Ann! I wanted to let you know there is this homeopathic remedy - VS-C. It comes in both pill form and in drops. Adults and kids can take them (although I don't know the dose for little people). I haven't been able to take them since I am pregnant, but they have worked wonders for my family!
Hope you guys feel better soon!

LB said...

Happy Birthday--Ada will be our representation at the party.