Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Not the Rest of the Christmas Pictures

I said I would be back with Christmas Highlights part 2. I finally realized it wasn't going to happen. Mainly because I really didn't have many pictures to share. If you're super duper disappointed, you can go to my mom or sister's blogs to see more. They did a better job with the Christmas blogging than I did.

Not a whole lot has been happening around here. We've just spending a lot of time at home recovering from Christmas. It's really been great, actually. Ellie and Luke have been playing and pretending their little hearts out. They pretend mom and dad a lot. Luke is always yelling, "mom!" and of course, I answer to it. And he says "no, my other mom." Then I hear Ellie say, "yes, sweetie?" Ellie pretty much stays in dress up clothes most of the day and the rest of us are in pj's. I'm slowly but surely putting away all the Christmas decorations. It just doesn't leave too much to blog about.

Our house was spotless for about half a day around New Year's. I had a few people over and got it perfect. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy getting everything ready. I enjoyed my house so much that one night. But then it's like it turned back into a pumpkin. It took about two seconds for my children to make it look "normal" again. In a weird way, it kind of feels more comfortable messy. I almost don't know what to do when it's completely clean.


We've been trying really hard to stay warm. And it hasn't been very easy. It's cold. Really cold. Thank goodness for warm footed pajamas for babies. Steven and I are wishing we had some. My fingers and lips are so dry and cracked. And our hair is so full of static. We're using lots and lots of these things...



And drinking lots of this...


And probably doing a little too much movie watching...

Do you see Buzz? Luke and Buzz are inseparable.

Andrew hasn't been as lazy as the rest of us. He is on the move.

And busy banging on the toilet while Ellie and Luke get a bath.


(Yes, Luke needs a haircut.)

I got Andrew some shoes today (his first pair-awww) because his socks aren't staying on too well. And he slides around too much in his socks when he tries to pull up on our hardwood floors.

See why I haven't been blogging? I took some pictures of conditioner, coffee, and lotion to blog about. Exciting, huh?

Next month should be a little bit more exciting. I turn 29. AHHHH! Andrew turns one!! We will (Lord-willing) welcome baby John (my very first nephew) into the world. Praying I get to see him make his grand entrance. There is absolutely nothing in this world more miraculous than that.

And on a much more shallow note: The final season of LOST is starting-on Andrew's birthday, actually. Woohoo!! We will have to postpone the birthday celebration. Just kidding (maybe) :)

Hope you are staying warm!



4 comments:

LB said...

I love the shoes--where did you get them? And I my lips and hands are cracked too. Have ya'll been watching Up? We watch it a lot, and Ada calls it "Uppy."

Mary Ann said...

Such adorable pictures of the children. Thanks for posting them.

I am going to town today and buy a large bottle of Eucerin, and 3 sticks of Chapstick. So I feel your dry skin and lips pain.

Esther Bratton said...

hahahaha!!! I'm super excited about shows starting as well. Ben and I actually stayed up late last night because we realized one of our shows was back on. It was the highlight of our week. Sad I know. And i feel your pain on the staying warm I light the fire every morning when I get up...hoping that cheaper than cranking up the air. Let's have coffee soon!!

Jodie said...

love the Mommy story! Hilarious.