Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunday Night Meal

Our Sunday night meal was not as new, exciting, or healthy as our Monday night meal last week. Mac 'n' cheese out of a box. Luke could eat it every meal. Andrew is a fan also.



Do you see what Luke is wearing? Steven came home from church with this Buzz Lightyear costume from some friends who had outgrown it. Talk about Luke's lucky day. That was on Sunday. He has not taken it off except to go to sleep and take a bath-and that was only because we made him. It is so over with Lightning McQueen. Buzz is it now. Yesterday during the middle of lunch (with his costume on) he looked at me and said in this deep, serious voice he uses when he is either pretending or feeling really grown-up, "Mom, I need to get down and fly a little bit" Except he can't pronounce his l's so it sounded like "fwy a widda bit" So I said he could go fly for awhile.

Our trip to Laura Beth's was good. We did some major work on her bedroom. Lord-willing, next time I am there they will be a family of four. Can't wait!!

Are you watching all the Haiti stuff? It's hard to wrap my brain around all of it-that much suffering and grief. I'm thankful that I know the God who is sovereign over all of Haiti. He allowed it to happen. I don't understand it but we can trust that He is good and He is faithful. I pray He will be glorified in the chaos and He will bring people to a saving knowledge of Himself.

Have you seen video and pictures of the babies and children in the orphanges? It absolutely kills me. I would take every one of them. I have thanked the Lord so many times for providing us daily with every basic need we could possibly have and so much more.

So in light of all that-it doesn't feel very important at all to tell you this, but I am very excited about it. I am taking sewing classes! I start tomorrow night. There are three classes-an hour and a half for the next three Tuesdays. I will (hopefully) have a pair of pants that I, myself have made. You will definitely be hearing more about this, so stay tuned...

3 comments:

LB said...

this is too much. Oh my word--look at Buzz.

As for the Haiti situation--every time we say a blessing before our meals, I can't help but think about those Haitians desperate for food and clean water. And then today as I walked out of Wal-Mart with milk and eggs and bread--the basic necessities, I thought the same thing. What a comfortable life I live!!

Brittany said...

Ann! Its Brittany (Johnson) McGough- now! How are you? I just saw that you have a blog! We do too! I am excited to keep up with you guys on this now! hope you are doing well. Your kids are adorable!

Our blog site is: www.mcgoughjournal.blogspot.com

Mary Ann said...

Oh, Ann, the pictures are too cute. Can't say how adorable it is that Luke has that Buzz costume. Why is Andrew raising those precious arms and hands? Is that some "trick" he does? In two of the pictures he has that mischievous smile on his face.

Yes, the Haiti situation is too awful to wrap my brain around. I share your thoughts exactly about God's providence, etc.