Thursday, November 26, 2009

With a Grateful Heart,,,

We "celebrated" or ate our Thanksgiving meal last night because Sarah and Kate left today to go back to Auburn for the Iron Bowl. I'm afraid that game will not be something for Auburn fans to be thankful for. (Not trying to be negative, just realistic, although I would love to be wrong about this.)

Our meal truly was a feast enjoyed by all.

I have some more things to blog about involving Andrew's upcoming surgery. Nothing scary-they tell us it is a simple procedure. He has hypospadias. It has to do with his urethra not being fully developed. I will let you look that up for yourself if you like, but careful, you may pull up some pictures you don't want to see. The surgery will be very early Tuesday morning. We spent the better part of the last two days at the lab in Huntsville trying to get a urine sample from him. Not fun. Anyway, I will be back with lots more on this event.

As for today, it is Thanksgiving and God's Word tells us that in all things we are to give thanks. I pray that I will always have a grateful heart. For now, it seems to be fairly easy because the Lord has blessed me and my family so very abundantly. I pray that when the trials come, I may be found faithful in those.

Have you ever read Lincoln's Thanksgiving Proclamation? I heard part of it on Moody radio today. I looked it up. You should too. Right here. It's amazing. A sad reminder of how far our country has strayed from the ideals and values of the Godly men who once led this nation.

If I don't return before Tuesday, please say a prayer for my baby boy (and Steven and me). I'm sure he'll be fine, but I am not looking forward to them taking him away into surgery. :(

2 comments:

The Reed Family said...

Hey Ann! I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. You have beautiful children and I love reading your blog! Anyway, my son Hudson had the same issue (hypospadias) and had the surgery a couple of months ago. It must be way more common than I thought because ever since he had it, I have had several people tell me their sons had it too. I was so anxious about it, but Hudson was up and playing the next day like nothing had happened. It was much worse for my husband and I for sure. I will be thinking about ya'll though and praying everything goes well.
Mindy (Whitt) Reed

The Henderson Family said...

A few things:

I love the picture of Jean Luc in your header. Hilarious facial expression.
Turner has the same outfit that says football that Andrew is wearing. They need to wear it the same day.
Finally, how bout those Auburn tigers?? It was such a fun game, and the end didn't bother me, because I figured we would lose and we looked SO GOOD!!!
Let's get together soon - if you come to shop here, call me...Love you