Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another Beautiful Saturday

Warning for all non-family: Lots of pictures in this post!!

Thank you all so much for the encouragement after my last post! It feels good to be real. And thank you for the advice regarding Andrew's weight. About that-I have some sad news(well, sad and glad)-I think he is weaning himself. He just will not eat during the day. He has too much to do to stop and nurse. And consequently I am super, uncomfortably full of milk. And he will now drink straight formula, so I'm thinking, I guess we should call it quits. On one hand, it makes me sad that it is coming to an end, on the other hand, think of the benefits. I won't go into all of them-but there are several.

Soooo...the last two Saturdays the weather has been too good to be true. I told you I might take some pictures and I definitely took some pictures. This will make up for the lack of in my last post. This day actually was a great example of how pictures can paint a picture that might not be necessarily true. If you just saw these pictures you might think we are always happy and frolick and play the days away. Not true. We did this because Friday we were at home all day and I didn't think I could do it all day again on Sat. And we were at the end of the pay period and trying to save money, so if you're going to eat pb&j, it's better to do it at the playground.

We did have a really good time, though. And everyone was good and ready for a nap when we got home.

See this girl? You know what she told me earlier in the day after I spanked her? That really didn't hurt. Whoa. What goes around comes around, I guess. I'm pretty sure I said that a time or two.




I wanted to get a picture with all three and it was pretty tricky. First they were running around me in circles, then Ellie tackled me. Oh well, I like these better than stiff, posed ones anyway.


Ever since Luke turned three, it seems like it is his "time of the month" all the time. He's an emotional basketcase. This face was because we stopped swinging him for just a little bit.

I was having flashbacks to a day at the playground when he was about one. He was devastated that we stopped him for a second to take a picture. What can I say? He loves to swing.

We have a pretty uneventful week ahead. Yea!!! Last week there were several doctors appts. and other scheduled things to be at. Sunday nights are one of my favorites. Steven is off the next day, and we usually let the kids sleep in the bed with us. Right now they are lying here watching Wizard of Oz. It's toward the end, the part where the group is trying to rescue Dorothy and get out of the Wicked witch of the west's castle. Ellie and Luke are both a little nervous and I keep asking if they would like to turn it off, but their eyes remain huge and glued to the screen as they shake their heads no. So, now the witch has melted and they're feeling better. Good thing they're in bed with us, I'm hoping we haven't caused any nightmares. Good night!

5 comments:

Kate Rhodes said...

ann, these pictures are wonderful!! can't wait till next week!

Mary Ann said...

Such precious pictures. Thanks so much for posting them.

Amy said...

Great pictures!

rhodes1 said...

Such good pictures! Luke is hilarious, the swing pictures and the one where his hand is just sitting on Andrews head. Definitely makes my day a little brighter to know that they got excited about seeing my picture!

Sarah said...

Love the pictures. They're darling. And I loved the time of the month comment. I'm right there with you with my 3-yr old! Love your honesty, Ann!