Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas Wish List

I am not as on top of the game as my sister, who has had Ada's Christmas presents purchased for awhile now. Steven and I have been discussing it here and there. We absolutely refuse to purchase another cheap piece of plastic anything. There is nothing my children need. Well, Luke might could use another pair of warm pajamas. But other than that, really, they have everything and more. That is not to say they don't have a list a mile long that continues every time we see a toy at the store or advertised on TV. "I want that for Christmas"

I don't like this. Drives me crazy!

Sometimes I say "okay" without a thought. Sometimes I try to stop and explain how they have so many toys they don't even play with. Sometimes I make a rule they need to silently wish for it. Sometimes I make them tell me one thing they are thankful that God has already given them. And of course, I tell them there are lots of little boys and girls in this world who don't have anything, no bed, no toys, and sometimes not even a mom or dad. They have LOTS to be thankful for. But they just keep asking.

And before we usher in anything new at all, I would absolutely love to have an organized playroom. haha, right? God has blessed us with plenty of space for Ellie and Luke (and Andrew) to play. I want to utilize, utilize!! And I want it to be organized so that they can clean it up when I say time to clean up. Which also involves having children who obediently pick up when asked. (Are you laughing at me?) I am determined. Right now when it is time to pick up-Ellie can do a pretty good job. It's like pulling teeth for Luke. I pretty much have to take his hand and lead him. But I am convinced this will pay off in the long run. An organized playroom and children that will pick it up-that's what I want for Christmas.

So, I was doing a little researching on the internet and I found this playroom and this would definitely work. I'll take it! Do you see the racks with the little clothes on it? Do you think those are dress-up clothes or just clothes? I am at a loss for ideas on how to keep dress-up clothes and paraphanelia organized. Big bins? Hooks on the wall? Both?

I also ran across this website for the most unbelievable swingsets you have ever seen in your life. These make me want to start climbing. Check out the indoor ones. Can you imagine? Can you imagine having the space to put one?



What is everyone getting their munchkins? Really, I would love to hear.

3 comments:

The Morrisons said...

Mine need nothing either. But, a few (and I mean a few-like 3) fun things are okay in my book. Owen is into trucks, and Micah wasn't, so we are going to get a few new ones. Also, we are getting them a bean bag toss from Land of Nod. They love games, and this can be fun for the whole family inside for the winter.

The Henderson Family said...

Hey,
I had those shelves with the colorful square cloth bins in my classroom. They were amazing! Everything looked organized from the outside, even if toys were thrown in.
Ha - can't contribute with Turner's list - I am capitalizing on the fact that he doesn't know what's going on!!

Mark, Jordan, Spencer and Crosby said...

I am IN LOVE with those swingsets too...even got a catalog from the company to add to my "dream house" folder. :)

Spencer started preschool this fall, and his been playing with the musical instruments there alot, so we are getting her some of her own. We are also getting her a really neat doll from a Christian ministry: www.babybeblesseddolls.com and some playsilks. We have a firm no plastic or battery rule in our house. :) Good luck with shopping. I am sure you will come up with just the right things for everyone.