Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Few Nights Out and 37 Weeks

Steven and I had two nights out in a row without our children.  It made me feel really spoiled and a little guilty.  Why is that?  I think it's because we have so much help and I know there are moms who don't ever get that break.  We have some dear friends in our church who will often ask to keep our children.  Their children are grown, but they do not have grandchildren yet.  Ellie, Luke, and Andrew adore them and adore going to stay at their house.  They say it is a joy for them to do it and I know they mean it.  That was Thursday night.  Then last night, they stayed with mom and dad, while we went to dinner with our community group from church.  Andrew rarely has a problem with me leaving him, but I think two nights in a row was too much.  As I was telling him bye, he dropped his chin, and said in a really pitiful voice, "No...I sad."  Of course, it made me sad.  I took advantage of getting some good sugar.  He doesn't willingly let me do that as much anymore.  Mom snapped some shots.


Everything worked out fine.  Charlie came home.  My kids call my dad by his first name, Charlie.  Have I ever mentioned that?  Anyway, Andrew loves him and once they got a game of croquet going, he was all good. 





 And because I love to see other pregnant bellies-especially full term ones-I will show you my "take a picture in the mirror" picture.  It seems everyone does that and makes it look really cute.  It took me FORever to get one right.
 

4 comments:

JJ said...

LOVE the belly pic! thinking of you!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Ann, you look great, and I am so glad to hear you are almost there! Amanda (Owens) is close, too. Y'all are going to be birthing babies in no time!! Hang in there and enjoy the blessings of time out every now and then. Would love to come see you when new baby comes. :-)I could even take some cute pics for you if you needed them!

The Henderson Family said...

I can't wait to meet her. She is ready to come! I am glad you and Steven got to get out without kids! I miss you...

Anonymous said...

ANN! I'm so glad you posted this - great job! And I need to tell you that after Kelsey encouraged me to watch the video's of Andrew (I had read the post on my phone & didn't watch them), Seth wanted to watch it again, and again, and AGAIN...it was so cute :)