Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer's Getting Close and Abigail's Baby Shower

I feel as though summer is teasing us.  It feels like it is almost here one day and then this week has been the chilliest we have had in awhile.  I bought a fairly large blow up pool on Monday at the grocery store.  Came home to three little people ready with their swimsuits on, only to deliver the disappointing news that it was entirely too cold to swim.  We had on jackets at Luke's game later that night and were still shivering.  I really am not complaining, because this large pregnant girl will take all the cool days I can get.  However, I am very excited about summer fruits and vegetables.  We went strawberry picking a couple of Saturdays ago with my friend, Jennifer, and her two children, Conner and Elizabeth.  She had made strawberry freezer jam before.  I never had, but she convinced me to try it.  So glad I did.  My back was hurting towards the end, but that stuff is so, so good. I could eat it with a spoon!  Andrew particularly enjoyed the strawberries fresh...







One day last week when it was very warm outside, the kids played in the sprinklers.  They have been asking to do that since about March.  Then we ate our lunch outside on the front porch.  I love how in the summer I feel more "allowed" to be lazy.  It's also just so good to be outside. 

Luke has been wanting to catch up with Ellie in reading.  So awhile back we started on the same curriculum that Ellie has used.  Here is Luke to show you what he has learned so far of "The Consonant Rhyme".  Andrew is joining in as well.  This is the day we were eating lunch on the front porch after playing in the water, thus our wet and not-really-dressed appearance.



My belly is getting bigger and bigger and my energy level is getting smaller and smaller.  It's so frustrating to be so tired yet want and need to get so much more done.   I've also had to apologize to my family on several occasions because I have been less than a joy to be around.  I have six weeks to go.  In terms of being pregnant, I'm ready for it to be over tomorrow.  In terms of what needs to be done before Abigail arrives, I still feel like I could use some more time.  I was very blessed on Sunday by my church family who gave me a beautiful shower and showered me with lots of beautiful and helpful things.  Steven and I are continually blessed by the body of believers at Riverside and how they serve us, love, and take care of our family.

 







Kind of had dejavu (sp?) when I was opening baby girl gifts.  Wasn't I just doing that when I was pregnant with Ellie?  Yet, here she is, a 6 year old, helping me open up gifts for her little sister.    Have to remember that when these last weeks of pregnancy seem long.

4 comments:

shannon said...

What curriculum did you use for reading? Can't believe it's only 6 more weeks - it seems like just yesterday I was reading that you were pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Ann where is that strawberry farm I would love to take Grant one day, he would enjoy that.

I can't believe you only have six weeks it seems like this pregnancy has flown by (i'm sure it doesn't feel like that to you though..lol)

Mary Ann said...

love the post, Ann. Oh my gosh, the video is so adorable. I loved all the pictures.

Esther Bratton said...

Of course, I loved the video! Oh, Andrew! He is such a cutie!!!! Had a wonderful time at the shower and I can't wait for Abigail to arrive! A girlfriend for Charlotte:) I'm still feeling bad about not having your baby shower gift Sunday but it has finally arrived. Maybe I could deliver it this weekend. Once again, loved your post.