Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Amazed that mothers have been raising children for generations and generations.  They all felt about their children the way I do about mine.  Mom said in her post, "What I didn't know then, now I see more clearly."  It's so very true, and I know I will only continue to feel that way as I grow and experience more of what being a mother means.

So now I will share pictures of the generations of mothers that have come before me.  Taken from my mother's blog.  Because I know she won't care.  Because that's what mother's do.  They give and give without being asked or thanked and would do it over and over again.  But...I will say "Thanks, mom, for the pictures, and for lots more that is way too much to try and put into words." 

Going back to my great-grandmother, Ella.  Mother to four girls...
One of her four girls, Edith, my grandmother.  Here with her two daughters, my mother on left, and my aunt Mary Ann on the right.
How I remember her best...
My grandmother holding Laura Beth as an infant-with me on the left.
My mother holding her grandchildren....

And now here I am.  Thank you to all the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and great-grandmothers, who have influenced and shaped lives in the generations before me.  

 

1 comment:

Esther Bratton said...

What a great Mother's Day post! I love seeing all the pictures. Motherhood is the hardest and most joy filled task I have ever had. Thank you for being such an encouragment and mother I can look up to!