Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Week Late

Last week we celebrated Easter and I meant to do this post a few days after. Here it is a week later. I've just had a hard time finding blogging motivation this week. We finally, finally got our camera sent off and sent back so I think that will help. A lot of it is this unbelievable weather. But with this beautiful spring weather comes dreadful spring allergies. Ellie and I are the ones suffering in this family. There have been a few nights this week that my eyes were so itchy and watery I could hardly see to blog. But it will soon be behind us. So, back to Easter...

On Saturday we participated in a fabulous Easter egg hunt with our church family.

There were yummy refreshments.

Fun games and activities.


And of course eggs, prize eggs, and more eggs.

And on Easter day, in Sunday School we heard about how Thomas didn't believe Jesus was alive until he saw the scars... For lunch we had a meal that I think ranks right up there with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Ham, hashbrown casserole, green beans, deviled eggs, potato salad, rolls, grape salad, and cream cheese poundcake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.

And then enjoyed the beautiful weather with cousins...



Andrew and John are becoming fast friends.

It was a fun weekend, but exhausting. Sunday afternoon every one of us crashed for several hours. It was so wonderful. And tonight, one week later, we are taking it easy again.

We are watching an updated Little House on the Prairie movie on the Hallmark channel, Andrew is already in bed because he was miserably tired, Ellie are Luke are half watching the movie, half playing school and I of course, am blogging. (Steven is having a missions and then elders meeting at the church). All three have already had baths!!!
Funny bathtime quote from Luke: "Look, mom, my hands are sprinkled!"

I better go. I'm being asked a lot of questions by the teacher. Ellie just asked, "Who knows about God? Please raise your hand and tell me what you know." (No pressure)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i love Ellie's quote there at the end!! My Ella tends to be "teacher-ish" too..haha I love it!!!