Monday, April 19, 2010

Bad Allergies and Microwave S'mores

I am sitting down on the couch for a few seconds. Steven gave Ellie, Luke, and Andrew a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner. We had salad, baked potatoes, and bread. It was one of the messiest meals I have ever cleaned up. The toppings were everywhere. I should probably go upstairs and tell them it's time to start bedtime stuff, but I am going to enjoy my quiet time just a little bit longer. I have a feeling this post will not all be written in one sitting.

So, we have tried to fight allergies this season without any prescription drugs and the allergies have definitely won. This happened two years ago-I kept thinking it would get better soon and I would put off going to the doctor. Last year it wasn't so bad. And then this year has been one of the worst I can remember. Ellie's poor eyes have been swollen for weeks and my nose feels raw. I feel badly about her, because I know she is miserable, but she can get to whining about it and it makes me a little crazy. Please be over soon, allergy season!!

Well, as I had predicted, I was caught red-handed on the couch with the computer in my lap. So I had to take a break and we got them ready for bed. But first, a bedtime snack--microwave s'mores.

They were finger lickin' good. Then we had to go get another bath. Just kidding! Just a really good wipe down.

Just so you know-it's birthday week at our house, Ellie's birthday that is. The official day will be Saturday, but the party will not be until a week later. Hoping she is old enough now to get that part. There is a pretty long story behind that, I will save it for another post. Ellie absolutely lives for her birthday. I think most children do, but her expectations of the day seem larger than normal. I will be taking cupcakes to her class on Thursday (last day of school before her birthday). I spent a good while today trying to come up with super cute cupcakes to make. And finally after thinking and re-thinking things while on different aisles at Wal-Mart, I asked the lady at the bakery counter if they had any cupcake toppers. She said all we have are Hello Kitty rings (to stick in the cupcakes). I said "I will take it!!". Who was I kidding? I have coffee at my house on Wednesday for ladies at my church and Wednesday night we have church. I will get in at about 8:30 and have 3 very tired children to put to bed and then I will want to knock myself over the head and say "what were you thinking?". So, I am going to do myself a favor and let Wal-Mart make Ellie's b-day cupcakes.

Our little mischievous cowboy says good-night.


This is what most of our bathrooms look like these days, thanks to the little guy in red.

Have a good week! We'll be back soon with some birthday posting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, love the bathroom pic. That so looks like my bathroom lately. I walked in and caught Grant emptying a box of tampons in the bathtub and he had put his Curious George in the toilet..lol

I hope Ellie has a Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mite allergy.

Mary Ann said...

Ann,

Would you fix me a microwave s'more the next time I come to S'boro? LOL

LOVE THE PICTURES!!!

Love you,
Mary Ann