Saturday, September 26, 2009

Favorite Things

Yes, I have a new background. I'm just kind of messing around with stuff. I hope it will change further, but I am so not computer savvy.

Have you tried these? You should. And you can go here to print out a $1 off coupon.



I get very hungry mid-morning and these are great for that. However, I am loving this bread and with 4 grams of fiber per slice, it really helps with the hunger as well.
It's even better with this apple butter that mom and I made on Thursday. Okay, well, really mom made it. I did peel several apples and contributed the recipe. Thanks to Darby. Surely you have seen her blog/website. If not, you're in for a treat.

Off of my favorite things and onto something a little more important. Do most of you get the Samaritan's Purse newsletter? I always look forward to getting it in the mail. It's usually very sobering. My mom has always had a burden for the persecuted church and gets the magazine-Voice of the Martyrs-or maybe it's a newsletter. Anyway, in the most recent Samaritan's Purse newsletter, there was quite a bit about persecuted Christians in several different countries. I really do feel a burden to pray for this. We are so blessed here in America (though I'm afraid it may not stay this way for long) to have the freedom to worship without fear. Here are a few requests that were in the most recent newsletter-if you would like to join in praying:

-For Iraq, Pakistan, India, and other countries where there is opposition to the Gospel, that God will open doors for people to hear and respond to the message of Jesus Christ.

-For the men, women, and children who are enduring persecution for their faith.

-For God's protection and guidance for Samaritan's Purse staff and ministry partners as they serve Christ in difficult and dangerous place.

Here is a convicting verse that was also included: "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." -Hebrews 13:3 Lord, help me to always remember my brothers and sisters who are suffering for your name!

I am certainly not suffering on this Saturday afternoon. That's for sure! My kids are asleep, it's raining outside, and I'm about to make some coffee and be thankful. Hope yours is just as relaxing!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Ann,

I, too, have such a burden for the persecuted church. Through Voice of the Martyrs I have been made aware of so many Christians in so many countries who are being persecuted for the sake of Christ. There are two ladies in prison in Tehran, Iran to whom I have written 3 letters, and 1 lady who is in jail in Pakistan to whom I have written one letter. Voice of the Martyrs on line gives clear instructions for how to write to these prisoners, as well as how to write to authorities from the various countries who are persecuting Christians.

Every day I am overwhelmed by the fact that I can so freely read my Bible and worship the Lord without any fear at all, and yet people in so many countries are in prison or being killed for doing the very same thing.

Sorry this got so long.

Lele said...

Hey!

Nooooo...not pregnant. :)

I've been thinking about you so much lately and have been meaning to call you! So i might call soon and catch up.

I found the blog layout here, http://randaclay.com/themes/. It's taken me forever to find a layout i'm happy with, and i'm still not really thrilled with this one.

Hollen said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Those pudding things look so good! I saw a commercial for them on TV earlier and I remember thinking, oh my, I need to try those! :) LOL I agree with you, we are so blessed. I will be praying for the persecuted Christians in other countries and also the people that do not have free access to a Bible!