Sunday, September 20, 2009

We're Home

I am happy to report the trip home was much, much better than the trip there. Re-entry is never fun, though. It takes several days to get back in the swing of things. This morning was especially rough. I realized late last night we had no coffee. I kind of panicked. Steven left super early this morning to get ready for church, so he couldn't run get any. Andrew woke up at about 6:00 and it was raining outside. I had to take a deep breath and tell myself, "you can do this". Addicted? I think so. But there really is nothing like that first cup in the morning.

Anyway, back to the rest of our trip. We had several more beautiful days and thanks to Steven's parents (Nana and Poppy) several dates after the kids had gone to bed. Such a treat!

Not much else to say except I am going through beach withdrawals. If you look at these pictures, you can probably see why...




I am also having withdrawals from puzzle working. Does anyone else like to do that? The beach house we were staying at had a 1000 piece puzzle that I became addicted to while I was there. I finished it at 11:00 the night before we left. Ellie and Luke also have several 24 piece puzzles they are actually very good at. Luke will work his over and over. In this picture, Ellie has taken over working on it. She is also modeling several items that Nana purchased for her at the Silver Sands outlet mall. That place is dangerous. It will suck you in.


Remember Ellie's cute haircut? Well, now picture it with a chunk out of the right side. She finally did it. I saw a big piece of hair on the bathroom floor and my heart sunk. She's a scissoraholic. I have found slices out of clothing before, but never hair. I guess she just couldn't stand it any longer.
Andrew spent a lot of his time sitting in the pack-n-play chewing on the breast pump since I forgot most of his toys.

He doesn't seem to mind. He's a breast pump fan!

5 comments:

LB said...

so cute. I can't wait to see everyone this weekend.

I love that outfit Ellie is wearing. Where is it from?

Mary Ann said...

Absolutely adorable pictures! Thanks so much for posting. When did Ellie cut her hair? It looks adorable in these pictures. Ellie's clothes are soooooo cute. I love Luke's hat. Bless Nana and Poppy for allowing you and Steven some "date nights".

Rachel said...

What beautiful weather! It rained the ENTIRE time you were gone. I have seen the sun shine in 21 straight days- yuck!

Kate Rhodes said...

ann, all the pictures are so precious!! it makes me want 2 things... to go to the beach and to see ellie & luke & andrew.

also, you should go to http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/jigsaw-puzzles . i am addicted. there are lots of online puzzles with beautiful pictures from national geographic. i guess it could be a late night treat.

Hollen said...

I love it!! :) I love Ellie's outift that Nana got her to! :) And oh no about her hair!!! And ooh, yes! When I actually sit down and do them, I really like puzzles! :) Wish that I could go to the beach right now! LOL