Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gorgeous Saturday

If you're not on Google Reader, you will notice that I changed the title of my blog. I have a header over at scrapblog that I have ready to insert, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do it. It makes me so very incredibly frustrated. I have given up until I can find someone with a bit more computer knowledge to help me. Any volunteers?

We are eating up this fall weather. Last Friday, we went to our homecoming parade. There were floats, candy, firetrucks, homecoming court, the whole nine yards. Ellie and Luke were a bit hot and tired of waiting for the parade to actually get there, but I think they would both say a bag full of candy was well worth the wait.

Steven headed off to the Georgia game today. And so while the Dawgs are hunkerin' down against LSU, we are hunkerin' down here at the house (he took the van and it's quite a feat to get all three into the back of his little ol' Subaru). Yes, Steven drives an ugly (don't know the year), little brown thing. We are not car people. Not that we wouldn't love something luxurious and big and new, we just would much rather spend our money on other things.

Anyway, the porch needed some attention (cobwebs and spiders are about to wrap up our entire house). So we got all "fixed up"-Luke especially :)-, and headed outside to soak up the weather and make our porch a bit more "fallish". One thing I love, love about my husband is, although he couldn't care less about his car looking good (inside or out!)-he does care about the house looking good. Yesterday he said, "Have you seen all those mums for sale in the parking lot at Piggly Wiggly? Aren't they beautiful?" I had already been thinking of ways I could spend less on groceries so that I could take a few home. He said, "Let's get some today." You got it. That's all he needed to say and I packed up all three and drove straight to the Big Pig.

I also swung by the produce stand and picked up a white pumpkin. Love it! I plan to paint a lantern on it and carve out the middle of the lantern so a candle will shine through. (Saw it in an old Country Living magazine). Ellie and Luke each picked out a few little pumpkins. The grapevine wreaths have gone back up with some new ribbon thanks to mom who picked some up for me yesterday.



The finished product


I'm not going to lie, even with the gorgeous fall weather, it's been a long day here with three. Andrew is very fussy-still no teeth-and Luke's whiny phase is still in full swing. I have a treat waiting for me tonight, though. I have been invited to go watch the Auburn/Tennessee game over at our good friends', the Brattons. Ellie and Luke are staying with a baby-sitter and I am taking Andrew along with a pack-n-play so I can put him down when he has had enough of the game. This is actually our first hired baby-sitter since we've been in Albuquerque. We are very fortunate to have always lived in the same town with grandparents. But my parents are going to watch the game as well, thus the baby-sitter. I'm hoping it will go well. She is a wonderful girl who goes to our church and Ellie and Luke adore her. It should be a fun night. Hope the Tigers do well! War Eagle!

6 comments:

LB said...

looks great!! I wanted to go buy some pumpkins today too, but we have focused on the inside of the house. Ada's room is completely clean and cleaned out, with fall clothes all put away. My bathroom is clean, and I am about to clean my bedroom top to bottom. The projects are in full swing:) I am headed over to scrapblog right now to see if I can figure it out.

LB said...

meant to say that I like the new title and caption. I think it captures your blog well.

Sara said...

My friend Rachel (moments with my miracles) on my blog designs other people's blogs. Maybe she could help you.

Sarah said...

The porch is beautiful. I don't know that it wouldn't be without the decorations, but they do make it look lived in! But it is a beautiful porch anyway!

Babysitters. . . we have yet to hire our first one. We may finally do so in Nov. when I take Casey to a concert for his b-day. We've never lived by grandparents, but I don't understand how people can afford to both go out AND hire a babysitter. Anyway, this means the kids are with me or Casey almost 100% of the time. It makes for long weeks sometimes, but I keep reminding myself it is for a season.

Enjoy the game and time away! Happy fall!

rhodes1 said...

ann, have you watched Flashforward yet? if you haven't, well then you need to.

Hollen said...

It looks so good!! :) Oh, I wish that I lived near you all and I would baby-sit!! LOL