Monday, January 19, 2009

The Sino Song

Ellie likes me to sing a song or two or three (if she had her way) before bedtime. And we have been really stuck on Christmas songs. She has me singing O Holy Night every night. And I cannot sing at all. Don't ask me why she wants to keep hearing it. Anyway, I have been trying to steer us away from Christmas songs. So, tonight she said, what about "the sino" one. What?? She is getting very frustrated (it is late and she hasn't had a nap). I am very tired, and I'm saying, I just don't know what you're talking about. She keeps saying, you know "the sino", "the sino". I ask her to try and think of some more of the words in the song, and she says something like, the Bible tells me so. So, what she was talking about was Jesus loves me, this I know or as she was hearing it, Jesus loves me, the sino. Ohhhh... So then I sing the song very slowly and clearly. Ooops...maybe I rush through the singing too much before bedtime, or maybe, like I said, I can't sing too well, or maybe 3 year olds just hear funny things!

P.S. I will have a pregnancy update after Wednesday. I have an ultrasound to try and get a fetal weight measurement. I am starting to feel like Andrew is trying to catch up with Luke. Stay tuned...

6 comments:

LB said...

oh that is hilarious. So funny. Ada is liking the ABC song lately, and she "sings" along with random sounds.

Elizabeth said...

I already tried this comment once. I don't know what I did wrong - but - you speak an untruth when you say that you cannot sing.
Yes you can! Your readers need to know that you are very gifted, musically.

Your mom,
Elizabeth(I got the sino story over the phone - priceless!)

Unknown said...

Too cute! I used the think (for a long time) that the pledge of allegiance said "and to the republic for witches hands"

Stephanie said...

Oh that is the cutest thing EVER!!!! LOL Thank you for sharing!! Love you all!

Hollen said...

How very cute! The sino song. :) LOL That is very exciting about baby Andrew! YEAH! LOL Hope all goes well.
Hollen

Twisted Sister said...

How adorable about the Sino song. John Campbell sings Jingle Bells with, "Dashing through the snow, on a one hearse open sleigh..." He knows it is horse, but it comes out that way when he is singing fast.

Hoping and praying that everything goes wonderfully for you and Andrew!