Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In Case You Were Wondering

If by chance you are taking notice, you will see I have changed the due date for the baby. And while I was changing that, I am announcing his name, although we decided on it months ago. The due date was originally Feb. 13, and awhile back (like around the ultrasound at 5 months) it was confirmed that he was measuring about 5 days ahead of that. So, my due date has actually been Feb. 8 for awhile. I have just been very lazy about getting around to changing it.

We have been referring to "the baby" as Andrew for awhile now also. Again, just laziness for not having posted it. We don't have any deep reasons or long stories as to why we are naming him Andrew. We just like it-call us shallow if you like. I would prefer always use family names, but sometimes that just doesn't work out. Bailey, however, is my middle name. I have always wanted to use it and realized I have had 2 children now and haven't used it yet. With Ellie, I really wanted to name her after both my mom and Steven's mom-so her name is actually Elizabeth Diana. We wanted Luke to have Steven's name-but not a junior, so his is Steven Luke. Andrew is one we tossed around with Luke, we added Bailey and so it was decided fairly easily.

I promised when I first got pregnant that I would keep you posted with pictures of my growing belly. I realized a few weeks ago I had not taken one picture of my belly. I have been in a few shots (on accident) that you can tell I'm pregnant. But you know how with the first, you stand to the side with your shirt up every month and take a picture? Not happening with the third. That's not all that isn't happening. Aside from a few onesies I bought at a Carter's outlet, he doesn't have a single item of clothing that wasn't Luke's. (Not that that's a bad thing-so glad to be able to reuse all those clothes that hardly get worn) At this point in my pregnancies with Ellie and Luke, I had a baby book that I had been recording in for awhile-Andrew doesn't have one. At least he's a boy. I mean, I don't see him caring so much about how I felt when I found out I was pregnant or the first time I felt him kick. I do plan on getting one, however, just haven't done it yet.

Anyway...back to the picture. I did finally take one after I realized I had none. This was a few weeks ago at mom's house. Luke is helping me pose.

Rewind almost 2 1/2 years ago and here is Luke in my belly. (40 weeks) This baby feels a little smaller (so far). I don't feel quite as miserable as I did with Ellie or Luke, but I do still have over 4 more weeks. There is still plenty of time for him to grow.

8 comments:

Susan said...

You look great, Ann! Love the name, too! 5 days EARLIER is always a good thing, hope he comes on time!

LB said...

is the yellow shirt a new shirt? Loving all the maternity clothing purchases:) Can't wait to take advantage.

Ashley Turnbull said...

You DO look fabulous! I am curious where you get your clothes too. Just b/c I am NOW at the stage where I need them :)

Also, love the name post, as you can tell, we are name-obsessed. Or, at least ONE of us is! HA!

The Morrisons said...

Beautiful Mama! I love Andrew-that is Owen's middle name. My brother and Matt's brother also have that name so it is dear to us! Hope you continue to hang in there. Maybe he is lower so not as painful. Owen was that way, nothing compared to the pains in my ribs from Micah. He was an inch shorter than Micah though. Nothing wrong with a small baby :)

Mark, Jordan, Spencer and Crosby said...

You look so cute, and I love Andrew Bailey...what a great name!!!!!

Sarah said...

Feb 8th is Ruby's b-day. I hope you go into labor then or before!

Also, I hear you on the name choosing. We've gotten more lax on name choosing as we go along; now we just really like them. Hopefully, our girls will like them, too!

smh said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog when I was looking at Jordan's. This all comes as such a surprise to us!! So, Congratulations on your third. You look great and Luke is getting so big. You will be in our prayers for the next couple of weeks, you'll do great. Oh, I love Andrew Bailey as well, he will make a great addition to your already beautiful family!! Lovingly, Shelley Hughes

Hollen said...

Cool! You look awesome! LOL :) So excited!! :) I might come down in May...to GA and stay with my Aunt Chris for a week or so and see all of my old friends and stuff and maybe I could see you then! That would be cool. And new baby...wow. :) But that is a secret for now because we don't know if it will happen...LOL :)
Hollen