Monday, July 14, 2008

Lots of Pictures

So we got back last night from visiting LB. The trip there was full of heavy, heavy rain as was the trip back. Not the best driving experience, but very thankful that we made it there and back safely. The in between part however, was very enjoyable. And I was actually very thankful for the thunderstorm one day as it came right at naptime (naptime for me and the kids) which made it one of the most cozy naps in a long time. So here are the many pictures. I think I was trying to make up for the lack of pictures over the last few weeks.



These first two are of Ellie, Luke, and Ada playing in the morning. Laura Beth has come up with a little "playroom" for Ada to play in because Ada is quite the climber and can get into anything in a second. Notice in the first one how Ellie and Ada are fighting over toys. You would think because Ellie is over 2 years older, she would be a little more understanding of Ada, but not so much.

On the second day we decided to head into Atlanta. We wanted to visit the Georgia Aquarium, but since it was very expensive, we opted for the Imagine it! Children's Museum instead. It was such a hit!! If I lived close to that I would so buy a summer pass. As you can see, there were so many things for the kids to do and there was even a toddler area (very clean) for crawlers to crawl around on. They also had a show (like a three ring circus) at one point which is why Ellie is sitting still watching in one picture.

I am posting this picture mainly because I think it is cute, but also because it is one of the last pictures we took with her long hair. Ever since I knew I was having a little girl, I decided I wanted her to have long hair. But I kind of imagined it a little bit thicker than Ellie's is. And this summer for whatever reason, she doesn't like for me to pull it back much, and it is always in her face. So I decided we would cut it. I was going to take her somewhere and she flipped out. So I made a deal with her that I would cut it myself but she was going to have to sit extremely still for a little while, really more than a little while because I am no hair stylist. But I thought I could cut a straight line IF I could get her to be very still. It worked!! She did great and I have to say I didn't do so badly myself. Don't look too closely, though. So the following pictures you will see her new cut along with her prized possesions from our visit with Laura and her family in Griffin. Laura's mom was so sweet to Ellie and let her pick some eggs that the chickens had laid and also pick a carrot from the garden. She sent them back to LB's house with us and Ellie spent the next two days going back and forth from the refrigerator showing off her carrot, then her egg, then her carrot, then her egg. It was great to see Laura and little Grayson is so, so cute!

These last two pictures are just two more from the weekend, one of Luke thoroughly enjoying his ice cream and the other of Ellie and Ada. We got one more wear out of their matching Easter dresses. But as you can see they are not so excited about taking a picture. I think Ada was about to eat and Ellie just wasn't cooperating. So, that's about it. I started working on this post yesterday afternoon and kept getting interrupted, so I will go ahead and post it now.

10 comments:

Esther Bratton said...

Loved all the pictures!!! That one of Ellie is OH so Adorable! Glad to hear y'all had fun in ATL and got some rest. See ya thursday

Amanda said...

Ann I love Ellie's haircut! You did a great job. And, that was me as a child. I never could have long hair b/c it was thin. In fact that is still me as an adult...sad! Glad you all have a fun trip!

Lele said...

so fun to see all the pictures! Good job on Ellie's haircut!!

rhodes1 said...

Her hair looks great! I kept looking at the pictures you sent out yesterday trying to decide if you had cut it or whether it was just tucked behind her shoulders. I can't wait to see it in person!

jane said...

congrats on the baby on the way!!!
and that last picture is so funny, ellie haircut looks great though!

nurseheather said...

love the pictues - thanks for sharing. i too felt the very same way about mattea's hair. it was growing well and on some days looked really cute - but was beginning to be sucha burden so we cut it. and believe it or not she wants it cut again, shorter - she has an opinion about everything! so in aug, we're taking a few more inches off! ellie's looks adorable and will be so much easier for you

Melissa said...

the last picture makes me laugh! These are how almost ALL of my pictures with Ella are~ Looks like you guys had a great visit with LB! I know it it so much fun sharing motherhood with her.

Oh and I love the hair! very impressed!! :-)

Laura Forman said...

It was great to see you in walmart today, what a pleasant surprise! makes you love the small town life where you can run into friends :) i definitely want to hang out with you soon!! LOVED the pictures...I am so impressed with Ellie's hair, great job! :)

Josh and Lisa said...

Hey Ann!
I got your Blog from Meg...I'm so glad I was able to catch up with what's been going on with you. Congrats on baby #3!!!!
I'm a fellow blogger so I will be checking back in with you soon!
Lisa

Ann said...

Lisa!!
How can I get to your blog? You may not want to post it on here, but you can send it to my e-mail @ annrbarber@hotmail.com. How are you guys doing? So good to hear from you!