Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update

More time is passing now in between each of my blog posts. I find myself thinking that I need to post on my blog, or really just wishing that I wanted to. It's almost always been something I really enjoyed doing and looked forward to. But now it almost seems like something else I need to do. But...I really think it is a phase. Anyway, I thought I would give a brief update of what's been going on. A LOT has been going on actually. We had a great fourth spent at mom's house. My aunt Mary Ann came, Sarah came home from Auburn, and Laura Beth, Scott, and Ada were here for the weekend as well. God is so good and I really felt well almost all day. Then came dinner time and the nausea started creeping back. I have never been a huge fan of potato salad, but pregnancy made me a fan that night. It seems any type of potato has been a good thing for my stomach for all my pregnancies. It is so funny how taste buds change during pregnancy.

Things are really starting to come down to the wire for our house. Steven has been working like crazy trying to get all these last things lined up. Hopefully just a few more weeks. I will post some pictures when it's all done. I have made so many trips to Home Depot that all the employees know us. Ellie even knows one of them by name and always says "Hi, Natalie" when we see her. There are so many details I could post about the house stuff except they would probably just be boring details to most anyone unless you are building a house yourself. Except I will tell you that we found lots of mouse droppings and set out traps and caught three mice so far. (Our flooring is not in yet and the house isn't sealed). But as soon as those two things happen we HAVE to take care of that issue.

I really am excited because I think the worst of the nausea is behind me. I still throw up occasionally, but am not feeling sick every moment I'm awake. This morning I was actually feeling pretty well and starting to get hungry so I ate a little of a granola bar and something about it did not set well. I ran to the trash can in the bathroom and was on the floor over the trash and Luke came up from behind and grabbed and hugged me. Ellie immediately came and was saying over and over "Mom, are you okay? What do you need? A towel? A piece of toast? Are you okay, sweetie?" She has heard Steven say all of this and has it down. Anyway, after that I seemed to feel better.

So my mom and dad have taken off to Orange Beach for a much needed vacation (I say must-needed, they did not say that). On a side-note, mom has been working extremely hard to stain our stair treads for the house. She has saved us a lot of money by giving so much of her time (a lot of time-now we know why it was going to cost so much) And since Steven is spending so much time these last few weeks working on the house I thought it might be a good time to go visit LB. So tomorrow we are packing up the van with all three kiddos and heading there. We are going to go tomorrow afternoon after their naps. Mainly because my first doctor's appt. is tomorrow and I am going to try to fit that in before we leave. So, we will be gone until the beginning of next week. I am really excited because one of my best friend's from college, Laura, is from Griffin and she will be there with her 5 mo. old baby boy, Grayson. I have never met him and haven't seen Laura since I was pregnant with Luke two summers ago. I am going to do my best to take lots of pictures while I am gone and will hopefully have lots to post when I get back. Until then, if you are just dying for some pics...please refer to either Laura Beth's blog or my mom's. They have done a better job at that lately than I have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest and cutest thing I think I have ever read about when you got sick in the trash can!! LOLOL How adorable!!! I am so glad you are recording these things because you think you will never forget, but somehow as life goes on and the kids get older, it is harder to remember these cute things they did. I am so glad you are not as sick as before!! Take care and don't worry about blogging, you have to think of yourself right now! I am praying about the house, I know there is still a lot to be done. Love you, Steph

Esther Bratton said...

Awe!!! Can can just picture Ellie trying to console you :) Your are raising some great kids, inside and out!! I'll miss you at church but I hope you have a blast in ATL.

Unknown said...

Hi! THAT IS SO HILARIOUS! It would be horrible not to be able to laugh though because...ick. :) So glad that you are feeling a little better! Thanks so much for posting and have fun with Laura Beth! :)
Hollen