Saturday, April 16, 2011

Botanical Gardens and Other Fun Stuff

I'm struggling with a cold that started almost two weeks ago.  Sorry for those of you who have heard about it 1000 times each day.  It's just not getting any better.  Very frustrating!  However, it has not stopped me from having an activity-filled week.  Or maybe I just don't really have a choice. :)  I would like for it to go away because tomorrow we have an Easter egg hunt after church.  The following day we will celebrate Ellie's birthday (a trip to Build-a-Bear), and I'm pretty sure she won't be okay with putting that on hold.  And Laura Beth and her crew are in town for the week to help celebrate it all.  They will be here until Easter, so we will be doing lots of fun cousin stuff, I'm sure.  Plus Luke has two t-ball games this week.  

Steven took Ellie and Luke with him on Wednesday to visit his parents in Chattanooga.  Andrew and I hung out with mom and spent most of the day in Huntsville running errands.  I think it is such a treat to have just one of my children with me at a time.  It doesn't happen very often, so it is fun to see their personality when they are not competing with siblings.  Andrew talked non-stop.  Which he pretty much does anyway, but when it is only him, it is minus all the screaming at Ellie and Luke.  "Wus dat, mommy?"   He asks about door knobs, lamp posts, street signs, you name it. 

On Thursday, we took a trip to the Botanical Gardens with mom, and our good friends, Mary, Esther, and Esther's sweet little Charlotte.  The gardens were breathtaking.  The weather was perfect and the little ones seemed to enjoy it.  Only one meltdown from Andrew when I wouldn't let him walk in a fountain. 







 



  
Pretty wiped out towards the end, as the temperature was starting to climb.

I would have loved for Ellie and Luke to have been there, but they had their fair share of fun as well.  Steven took Ellie and Luke to the children's museum in Chattanooga.  I think it is the best one we have been too.  I've been to several, including the one in Atlanta, and I think this one is the best.  We have a pass and have definitely gotten our money out of it.  One of the favorite things to do is dig for dinosaur bones.  You can check it out in the video.

I'm pretty proud of myself for posting twice in one week.  Hope to be back again soon with a report on Ellie's birthday celebration, Easter festivities, and a report that I enjoyed it all feeling much better.  

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL post!!!!!

So sorry you're cold won't go away.

Mary Ann said...

I meant your cold, not you're cold.

Esther Bratton said...

I had such a blast at BG! And thanks so much for the birthday treat. Looking forward to Easter activities. PLEASE let me help in some way...maybe I could bring an adult lunch, everyones lunch, or something to make your life easier :)

Amy said...

Love the video! I would have had such a blast digging for dinosaur bones at their age! :-)