Sunday, September 5, 2010

This & That

Hello, blog friends...It has been one thing after another 'round here.  But good things, things to be thankful for.

First things first, I am doing well after the miscarriage. I so appreciate the sincere comments and messages I have received.  God has been gracious to heal us quickly and I am feeling especially thankful these days for the three children the Lord has entrusted us with.

We enjoyed a fun visit from Nana and Poppy last week.  Despite this picture, Andrew warmed up to them quickly.



 Especially after Wayne let Andrew play in his tea.

Ellie is officially signed up for a "pre-ballet" class.  She has her required uniform and is ready.  I'm not sure if I am ready.  Not for ballet, just opening up the door to extracurricular activities.  Once it is open, it will not shut for the next 18+ years.

I made a trip to Costco while we were in Huntsville to buy the ballet gear.  I love that place more each time I go.  I bought a bag of Krusteaz multi-grain pancake mix.  It has 38 grams of whole grain per serving.  38!!  And my entire family ate them and liked them.  Including Andrew and Steven.  I snuck in a dab of vanilla and a spoonful of sugar--just to help all those grains go down.

On Friday night, Steven, Luke, and my dad went to the high school football game.  Luke before they left...thrilled for it to be just the guys.


 Handsome boy.  I have to do a double take over how fast he is growing up.  4 next week!
 Anyway...

         That left the girls, plus Andrew, to do a girl thing.  Dinner on the backporch...




 
I'm happy to announce the batman cape or "cave" as Luke calls it, and superman cape are finished-minus a button on the batman cape.  Pictures will come with the other birthday pictures.  Luke turns four on Friday and we will celebrate at the beach.  The plan is cake and presents after lunch.  Then dinner out and a visit to the "House of Bounce".  Similar to "Pump It Up", basically a large room of inflatable fun.  

Tomorrow I will head to Chattanooga for a large consignment sale.  I am hopeful that this will be a major jump start to the fall wardrobe for this year.  But we will keep our summer clothes for just a little bit longer as we head for the beach.  Lots of packing left to do...

Sorry to family members who might have been looking forward to a video.  Haven't quite figured that out yet on this new computer.  Happy Labor Day!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your pretty dinner, Ann! Good for you to go to the trouble for "just" you and the kids :)

As to extracurricular activities, they don't have to continue, to my chagrin. Ruby is not in ballet this year, and probably will not be again for the forseeable future. I'm a little sad about it, but something had to give.

Oh, and about your comment on my blog: please do feel free to call me. I'd love to discuss (provided you realize I have no idea what I'm doing).

Hollen said...

:) The pictures were GREAT! :) I loved them! All the kids are just so cute. :) Nana and Poppy had a great time with all of them and enjoyed telling stories when they came back. :) I am glad that you are doing well. :D And don't even worry about the video...I know you're busy and figuring out a new computer can be hard!! LOL :)