Friday, June 18, 2010

A Week Later

Hello, all.  Sorry for the blog absence.  We've been VBSing it all week.  I'm sure you know how that goes or can imagine.  It went very well and I found it a huge blessing, although I am glad for the break tonight.  Good to be back on our "normal" evening routine.

There isn't much to say about anything else.  VBS has pretty much been it for awhile.  Last Saturday night Steven and I traveled to a wedding of one of my dear college roommates.  It was a treat for several reasons.  One being we were able to spend about four hours in the car having uninterrupted adult conversation.  But mainly I was able to briefly catch up with a handful of college girlfriends who I haven't seen in years.  I teared up when we got in the car.  I didn't realize how much I missed my college friends.  My friend, Lindsey (the bride), was stunning.  She is super tall and has the arms and legs that go on for days.  I wish I had a picture. The wedding was beautiful and instead of a groom's cake...a tier of Krispy Kreme donuts.  Steven didn't get one, so we made up for it and stopped at the real deal on the way home.  Heavenly.

Sad to say, Ellie was not cast in the production of Peter Pan.  Not super surprised, she was very shy about it, but thoroughly enjoyed it anyway.  I wasn't going to tell her until she asked.  In the car the other night on the way to church, she said, "when are we going back to play practice?"  So I explained to her and she was truly disappointed with lots of tears and "but I want to be a mermaid!".  Oh, the rejections in life.  Probably the first of many.   

It has not stopped her living room performances.  Check it out...

8 comments:

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

I cannot believe that sweet baby didn't make it! Her performance is amazing..she is so dramatic with it! Well..tough luck Peter Pan..she's too good for that one anyway..move on momma..and keep letting her try! Go Ellie!

Sarah said...

If only the play people could spy on her in your home! Definitely not shy on the hearth, that girl!

Thanks for posting the video. I really was so curious. She's a doll.

Elizabeth said...

I love it! Hilarious and cute and great! What is the limit on how many times a grandmother can hit the replay button? Applause applause applause, encore, encore. Give us more.

Priceless.

LB said...

that video is awesome. Especially when she stops to scratch her leg in the middle of it. Hilarious. Ada is making us watch it over and over.

JJ said...

Wished I could've been at Lindsey's wedding!! It would have been great to see you! Love Ellie singing!

Mary Ann said...

Oh Ann, Ellie is too precious singing her heart out. Thanks so much for making the little video available for us to see. You are right about rejections in life. Oh, they are so hard, but we get past them, don't we?

Love,
Mary Ann

jenniferhs said...

Oh, the disappointments that come along with the theatre! It's so horrible to be the one that has to give bad news to your child.
Love, love, love the video!

Hollen said...

ROFL!!!!!!! This is soo funny and way cute. :) I have watched it so many times and it never gets old! LOL I miss you guys! It was great to see Uncle Steve at both camps...wish we could have seen you and everyone!