Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ellie and Her Audience



Tomorrow evening I am taking Ellie to audition for a child's production of Peter Pan.  I have a friend, Jennifer, whose daughter has been a part of several productions through this company and loves it and speaks very highly of it.  That is how we knew about it and it seems like it might be right up Ellie's alley.  I don't know for sure and I am very intimidated to say the least. Also, the whole "stage mom" thing freaks me out and I can see us getting there and her not wanting to do it at all and then it looks like I am one of those moms who is pushing her child to do something she doesn't want to do.  Anyway, we are going to give it a shot.

Here is Ellie this morning, performing for us with the remote in one hand and the music blaring in the background.  The pictures are blurry, but I had a hard time getting her to be still so I could take a few pictures.  She does this on a very regular basis.




Later, after she has added a headband to the getup.  With breakfast in one hand, she begins to pose calling these "action shots."

 "You can put these on the computer if you want,"  she said. 
 Before the performance started, she was attempting to make a shirt to wear out of scraps of fabric and scotch tape.  Needless to say, it wasn't working out so well.  So she settled for some sort of undershirt/bra, I guess?  It was the only thing that would stay taped on.  I did not ask her to show me that, by the way.  We really do promote modesty here at our house.  
 
 And here is her audience.  Less than amused.  Well, Luke seems a little amused.  Andrew has an ear infection.  So he doesn't have as much to offer.  Can you believe out of three children and five years this is the first ear infection we've had? 

 

Andrew got distracted by a fly, I think.  That doesn't say too much for Ellie's performance.
 
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! 

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

HILLARIOUS!! Near.

Mary Ann said...

OMG! I can't stand it. Too cute and funny. I can't wait to find out how she does at the try-out.

Mary Ann

Brittany and Chase said...

I LOVE ti! such a performer! can't wait to hear how Peter Pan goes!

Brittany and Chase said...

I LOVE ti! such a performer! can't wait to hear how Peter Pan goes!

LB said...

that is too much. Oh my goodness. By the way, in the top two pictures she looks so much like you to me.

Can't wait to hear about Peter Pan. I want to call and hear more about that.

joy said...

too much she has a little aunt lb in her huh??

Sarah said...

Ann, Ellie seems so different in these pictures than what I picture her to be like. Shows how much is missed when we don't live near each other! It looks like it must've been pretty funny. Any videos of her being this way?

As to your comment, I don't know how to answer your question re: the adjustment from 3 to 4. On the one hand, when I think about it, I'm like, "There's absolutely no way I can do that--I can't even do 3 very well yet." But on the other hand, I'm not thinking about it that much. That probably sounds like a recipe for disaster, but it may just be what keeps me (sorta) sane. (I'm still regularly contemplating the twin possibility, BTW!)

So, to answer most honestly, I guess I'd say that I have every expectation that this will (again) be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life (like I felt like w/3), yet I have this weird peaceful feeling that it will be okay and that God has it under control, even though I KNOW I can't do it. Don't know if that makes sense.

Sorry to go all feelings on you about it, but it pretty much boils down to that: I feel like God is going to do something that helps Case and I see undoubtedly that He really does know us and His way is always best. That may mean some pretty serious trial even, but I guess if it shows me more of who He is, I'm okay with that. I think He's bathing my brain with extra hormones right now!

Hollen said...

Hahahaha, this is SOO cute!! :) I love Luke and Andrew's faces!! LOL