Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back from the Land of Moving...

Glory, Hallelujah! We are pretty much moved into our new house(minus a hooked up computer-right now I am at mom's) I had about a week's pause with the moving process to visit a dear friend in Ohio. (More on that later-it needs its own post) I am beyond thankful to be in our new house and although there are still several little things that need to be done and quite a bit of organzing to do-we are functioning well in our new house and love it!! One of our favorite things is our new/old bed. See, when we were in Alb., Steven's parents so graciously gave us their king size bed along with an amazing matress to go with it. It didn't fit in our rental house, so it has been in storage for a year. The reunion has been wonderful!! Oh, how we have missed it. Now, along with the TV in our bedroom, the kids and Steven and I can pile in on a Sat. morning(or maybe a few other mornings as well) and have some family time. I know that I am extremely overdue for pictures and I have several to share, but as I said earlier, my computer isn't hooked up, so for now I will have to use only words.

So, I wanted to say a really big Happy Birthday to my little "Lukie" who turns two today. This is really the main reason for the post. I know I have done this a lot over the summer, but I am going to refer you again to my mom's blog if you would like some pictures from the "pre-party" we had for him today. His official party will be on Fri. at our house (our first official have people over deal) since we moved in, which I have been itching to do. It also gives me extra motivation to get the house put together. Mom couldn't stand not to do anything for him on his actual birthday. So, after I picked Ellie up from school, we headed to her house where she had set up a little birthday scene, which both kiddos were thrilled about! She made homeade chocolate cupcakes that were out of this world. I was most excited about those, but Ellie and Luke loved the balloons the most. They each opened a few presents. I know you are thinking it is Luke's birthday, not Ellie's. But mom, of course, got her a few (little) things as well. There were a few little squabbles over the balloons, and since it was past 2:00, we hurried the party along so they could take naps.

I can and can't believe it has been two years since I delivered Luke. There is absolutely nothing in the world that compares to the day your baby arrives into the world. I wish the memory of it would stay vivid year after year, but of course, over time,it starts to get a little fuzzy. Especially when you keep adding more babies. But for now I remember most everything about Luke's delivery. It actually started on Sep. 9 at 6ish in the morning. When you are induced, it takes several hours to get everything going. Since it was my second labor, we thought it would go rather quickly. It was a Sat. morning and we had talked about how we would watch the Georgia game later in the day (or maybe it was the Auburn game, not really sure) and eat dinner. Well, the game came and went and I was still in labor (with a wonderful epidural). All through the night my body progressed very slowly. And finally after only 20 min. of pushing at 11ish on Sun. morning, Luke came out a whopping 9 lbs. 11 oz. He didn't cry much, and latched on right away. He had the sweetest disposition right from the start. He was a dream baby (aside from the normal things at first and I had trouble with my milk production around 3 mo.) I thank the Lord for my sweet baby boy. He is tender, and a little sensitive at times, but he remains easy-going and most of the time is just along for the ride. He gets frustrated with Ellie these days and is entering into the "I do it" phase, which I think is all part of turning two. I am so, so blessed and thankful to have been given this role as his mother. I love how God made him and my prayer is that God will shape him into a young man full of wisdom and that he will have a heart that seeks to know the Lord.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome home, Ann! Glad to hear you're settling in. . . now maybe we'll hear from you more often???

I am amazed that you, a tiny, petite woman, delivered such a large baby without a c-section! What a tribute to God's grace, huh?

Esther Bratton said...

Enjoyed the post as always!!! Maybe it will inspire me to write since it has been awhile :)

Melissa said...

Ann!! So glad you are in your new home. I saw some pictures on your mom's blog---it is beautiful! I know you are very thankful for it to finally be "yours." Happy 2nd Bday Luke~ doesn't it seem like yesterday that he came into the world? They grow so quickly. I love your prayer for him...wisdom and a heart that desires to seek the Lord! Amen! I pray that for my Ella's future groom as well;-) Looking forward to seeing pictures~

Stephanie said...

Hey Ann! I just realized that Luke was one ounce bigger than Jonathan!! How many inches long was he?? Jonathan was 9 lbs 10 oz. Amazing!! They are both going to be big boys. I love you and miss you!!

nurseheather said...

happy birthday luke - so glad to hear that you are settling into your new home - i bet it feels so good huh?

Unknown said...

Hi! That is so totally awesome that you moved in!!! :) That is SO cool! LOL Awwww...happy birthday Luke! :) Love ya!
Hollen

Kelbe said...

Long Time! Congratulations are your precious children. I believe God gave us children so we know how wonderful His love is for us. Where are you living now? We've been in SC for 4 years now and about to build a new house a few blocks from our current one. May I add you to my blog friend list so I can keep up with you and your family. Take Care and God Bless You!