Thursday, August 7, 2008

House Pictures

Just thought I would inform anyone who is interested that my mom took LOTS of pictures of our new house today and posted them on her blog. A few things though, before you take a look. I protested because I had not had a shower but she took them and posted them anyway. Also, there are several things that are not yet finished. (stairs are not completely painted, fireplace and built-ins are not done) So, I will post some finished pictures later. But, nevertheless, this is the house that has absolutely consumed us for the past, well, year really. We broke ground in January but we started planning back in the fall and here it is almost fall again. I think I have said this before, that we have self-contracted it, which means we didn't hire a builder, we just hired out all the sub-contractors ourself. Steven has done most of the work. I want to say that I don't want to sound like I am complaining, because this is an incredible blessing and I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed us to build such a nice house. But it has been an intense year and it has been an incredible challenge to keep priorities priorities (like marriage and family come first-after God, of course). It is something we have prayed about for a long time (what to do about where to live here once we knew we were moving). We were in a situation in Albuquerque where we bought into the market and in the five years we lived there, our house went up in value a great deal. So, with that money, we wanted to invest wisely. We have prayed about this process the entire way. It has truly been a test of our faith and maybe the most stressful thing we have ever done. I'm sorry to say we have failed many times, often resorting to panic instead of prayer. But God has been so faithful to us and has proven Himself time and again. And He is so patient. My prayer is that I would hold everything God has given to me (children and husband included, which is so hard for me to say) with open hands and always be willing for Him to do with my life (and family and earthly posessions) what He desires.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I really liked the house pictures. What is the neutral/yellow color you used throughout. I love it.

David, Rachel, Drews and Kate said...

Ann, your house is beautiful!!! I know you are so ready to get settled into it!! Hope you're feeling better and that you and yours had a great weekend!!

Esther Bratton said...

I love all the pictures!! AND, you looked lovely...AS ALWAYS! Love the kitchen cabinets, the stone fireplace, the color of the wood flooring, THE WHOLE THING!! It really looks fabulous and I'm so happy y'all are finally able to close on it. By the way, Ben and I are definetly having to lean on God as we try and sell our house and move to Hollywood. It has been VERY difficult for me and I am constantly reminding myself that God is faithful and He is both soverign and good. It's tough though.

Sarah said...

Ann, I was just "popping by" to see if you'd posted anything since last I read. As curious as I am about your house, I didn't really have time to visit your mom's blog, but ONE THING made me do it: your disclaimer about not wanting a picture of you because you hadn't had a shower! It made me HAVE to see these pics!!! There's nothing for me like getting to see the "realness" of people I think of as beautiful, smart, tallented, etc. (Makes me feel not so alone!)

Seriously, anytime I've seen you, you have always looked so cute and put-together, I was hoping for . . . I'm not really sure what--a bad hair day or something? I was slightly disappointed to see you cute as always. I'm so glad your mom posted them even thought you didn't want her to. At least I know you have days where you THINK you're not looking so great! :) You may think it's embarrassing, but I believe the admission of no shower and feeling not so picture-friendly will only endear you to anyone who doesn't always feel put-together either (Like me--but who am I kidding--I am rarely put-together!)

The house is really gorgeous. You have such great taste in your choices. Am I mistaken, or did you really like the design of your kitchen set-up in ABQ? In my memory, it seems very similar.

Keep posting! I'm reading--even if I never comment. I'm sure there are others like me!

joy said...

Love your house!! Heard that you got to go in our old one!! Check out our blog-littlejoys-joy.blogspot.com. this is such a cool way to keep in touch!--JOY