Thursday, February 3, 2011

Andrew Turns 2

 And I turned 30, but that certainly does not need to be the title of this post.  My birthday is February 1, and his is the 2nd.  Turning 2 is much more fun to celebrate than turning 30.  We had a very small party for Andrew on Monday around lunchtime.  Taco soup, cupcakes, and ice cream.  The splurge for him-okay, really for me-were cupcakes from the same lady who made my wedding cake.  She has done some incredibly beautiful and delicious cakes for me in the past and the cupcakes were just as good.  But she has gone up in price and when I brought them home, somehow (because I took curves and bumps carefully and slowly) many of the animal heads had fallen off and several of the cupcakes had slid together.  They were able to be recovered, but at 9:30 on Sunday night I was a little more than frustrated.  Anyway...the party was a success and Andrew had fun which is what matters.










 The first several months of Andrew's life brought lots of tears for me and for him.  When I was in the middle of it, I felt like it might never end.  But now I'm not sure how we got to this point.  And I know just enough now to know that it only goes faster and faster.  What a gift Andrew is to us!!  He is oozing with personality and he brings such life to our family.  He's smart as a whip and doesn't miss a thing.  So far, we have not entered into terrible two's.  The three's may be a different story.  Right now he is quick to say, "K, mommy", if I tell him to do something.  Ellie and Luke love him so much and he feels the same (most of the time)!  It is so much fun to watch as he is turning their twosome into a threesome.  One night a few weeks ago, Ellie and I were downstairs and Luke and Andrew were playing so well together upstairs.  This had been going on for quite sometime.  After awhile, I heard Andrew screaming "BUKE!!" in the midst of sobs.  When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I realized Luke was done playing and ready to come down.  Andrew was brokenhearted, not mad (as that is why he usually screams "BUKE" at the top of his lungs).  It melted my heart and I pleaded with Luke to play with him a little while longer.  With Luke's sensitive heart, it didn't take much pleading.  There are so many precious things to record about these two year old days, and I wish I could somehow freeze moments in time on a daily basis. 

But as much as I am crazy about him, and as sweet as he can be, he is still a little sinner.  And as it is for all my children, my utmost desire for Andrew is that he would know Christ and seek to follow Him all the days of his life.  Alright, so there is my birthday post for Andrew.  I have felt an urgent need to get some things down in writing about him turning two.  Birthdays can slip by so quickly and before you know it (or at least for me) you have forgotten things you don't even know you forgot.  

As for my Mexican chicken casserole that I told you I was making last week...well, it got put in the freezer that evening because Steven came down with a fever and was in the bed.  I ate half that jar of salsa I told you about and half a bag of chips that afternoon and wasn't even hungry for dinner.  Who knows if my children would've liked it, so I certainly wasn't going to waste it.  I am about to put in the oven now, though, and I have high hopes for our dinner this evening. 

*Thanks for all the kind words about our little girl news.  We are now deliberating over names.  Ellie likes Jada Pada Barber.  (because Jada is one of her friends from school last year-and doesn't it make sense the first and middle name should rhyme?  Luke suggested Jonathan.  hmmm...)*

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great pics! Hope all the birthday celebrating has been fun. Love the kids' name ideas! :-)

Hollen said...

I loved this! :) A (REALLY late!) Happy Birthday to you and Andrew! I am looking forward to meeting him really soon...I cannot believe that he is alerady TWO, and I haven't met him yet! I feel like such a horrible cousin! LOL :) I love Jada Pada Barber. :) One time, we had gotten a puppy (this is much different, I know...LOL) when Jonathan was around 2 or 3 (maybe a tad bit younger!), and he suggested that we name it "Air Vent"! LOL

Hollen said...

Oh my...excuse my typing mistake...*already, most certainly NOT alerady! LOL :)