Saturday, December 4, 2010

War Eagle and Disney Princesses on Ice

I'm sending out the biggest fattest WAR EAGLE ever!!  The SEC championship game tonight was amazing and now we are going to the national championship.  Actually, more specifically, I am going to the national championship game if I can get a ticket.  Last night we were sitting in Subway, (eating out, are you shocked?) and Steven said, you know, if Auburn goes to the national championship game, I'd like to try and send you.  WHAT??!!  I think I dropped my turkey sub.  So... I desperately  need two tickets, one for me, and the other for my friend, Laurahelen. 

You might be thinking, hmmm...she must be feeling better if she's thinking about flying across the country.  And the answer is I am.  I really think I have turned a corner.  However,  I am now dealing with a semi-bad head cold.  But I will take it over the nausea.  I am thanking the Lord for each day that I am able to get out of bed and not first run for a trash can.  

I'm happy to report we have a Christmas tree and some lights on the outside of our house.  We also have a Jesse tree and Ellie and Luke are enjoying our advent celebration each day.  However, I think Steven and I are enjoying it more.  Mom sent me the link to one of her favorite blogs, A Holy Experience, and the author, Ann Voskamp, is giving away a copy of her book, A Jesus Advent Celebration.  It is really, really good.

On a much more superficial note, Ellie and I went to see Disney Princesses on Ice on Thursday night.  A friend had already purchased two tickets and was unable to go, so she gave them to us.  It was a treat.  Ellie was giddy as it was approaching show time.  I was not so excited as we walked through a sea of Disney princess paraphanelia(sp?) for sell.  What they were doing was almost cruel to parents and children and should be illegal. $20-$15 for the rinky-dinkiest little toys.  I'm not kidding.  Ellie was almost in tears, because it was temptation beyond all temptation for any little girl at that age.  Thankfully they had these flags on sticks with all the princesses on them for $6.  I gave her the choice of that or some candy at the concession stand.  She picked the flag and waved it the entire show.

No camera for me right now.  It is not working again.  So updates shall remain pictureless for awhile.  Hopefully we will change that soon.  Please don't forget to hurry back and let me know if you hear anything regarding tickets.  I know it's a long shot, but I have to try.

No comments: