Saturday, November 13, 2010

Spilling the Beans

Wow.  Alright, two weeks can go by really quickly.  I can't keep up with my constantly blogging family.  There is news to share, and close friends and family already know.  But I will let you in on it too, blog friends-I am pregnant again.  And this time it is looking quite different.  The nausea has hit in full force.  I am so very grateful for it.  But as my dad said, "The good news is you're sick.  The bad news is you're sick."  I was going to wait to announce it until after we had seen a strong heartbeat.  And while I am still very anxious to see that, I am taking the sickness as a good sign. My first doctor's appointment is on Thursday of next week.  I will check back with you for a report then.

Every single time I do this (meaning do a pregnancy and take care of other children), I think, how am I going to do this?  Well, the answer is you just do it, but also, I have a lot of help.  If you check out my mom's blog, you will see that we had crashed over there for a couple of days while Steven was gone to a missions' conference in Ohio.  Oh, I am so thankful for my mom on lots of days, but especially days when my husband is gone. 

Because...you just never know what the day holds.  Last week, we had the privilege of having the Roells' here in town.  Remember this post,  and when we traveled to Ohio in July, for their son's funeral?  Well, Kendra, just a few short months later, traveled here to speak at a women's luncheon we had at church.  She was phenomenal and we had the best time with them.  Anyway...We hadn't been at the luncheon long and Ellie said her tummy was hurting.  Long story short, Ellie threw up while Kendra was speaking.  I froze for a second and it was one of those "You have GOT to be kidding me" moments.  Got that situation under control(Ellie ended up being pretty sick with a severe cold).  And then on Monday, early around 5 a.m., Luke is screaming from his bed.  I assumed he had already thrown up.  I made my way up there, with the garbage can in hand, sat down on his bed, and threw up myself.  He ended up being fine.  All that to say, when Steven is gone, for obvious reasons, I need back up.

I am well aware that there are so many moms with little ones, who have not much help if there husbands have to be gone, or even if there husbands are not gone.  There just isn't anything like help from your mom :)  

Alright, so that is what is going on.  I look and feel like death warmed over.  My kids are getting cereal or fast food for just about every meal.  But I keep telling myself it is just a few weeks of my life. This will not last.  And I've been thinking about how spoiled I am.  How I hate to be uncomfortable.  And when we are in the midst of any type of suffering we just want "out".  I have not once stopped to ask God to teach me, use me, and show me how He will be sufficient during my time of need.  Although, He already has been sufficent, every minute of every day.  Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of life and for your patience with me!

9 comments:

The Morrisons said...

Oh, so happy for you. I was so sick with Margot, and I remember being so thankful as I thought it a good sign. Praying for a strong heartbeat next week and for you the next few weeks.

Amy said...

Ann, I am so glad to hear this news! I was just thinking about you and Steve and the kids earlier this week. I will keep you all in prayer throughout the pregnancy.

Esther Bratton said...

Ann,
I had SUCH a fabulous time hanging out with you and your mom and adorable Andrew. I have and will continue to pray for the newest Barber. Hopefully...if all goes well...I'll see ya at church tomorrow.
Esther

Brittany said...

CONGRATS! will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and that you get over being sick soon. So happy for you guys.

The Slagleys said...

Congratulations Ann! I know you will make it- isn't it funny how quickly you forget the nausea once you see your baby? That is great news!

JJ said...

Congrats. I know what you mean and can hardly bear the thought of that sickness right now! Hope it goes by quickly!

Anonymous said...

ANN!!! I am beyond thrilled for you! Congratulations!!!

Lele said...

Congrats, Ann!! So excited for you guys!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Ann! So happy for you (and for me, that we will once again be in the same boat:).

One good thing about struggling through pregnancy is that when the baby's out, some things vastly improve (at least for me). Yes, the baby is a lot of work too, but in many ways, being relieved of his/her toll on my body is tremendously helpful to a "can do" perspective.

Hang in there. Can't wait to hear more!