Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lickin 'Em Clean

Some friends invited us over last night and I wanted to make a chocolate cake.  I realized yesterday morning that I was out of flour, so I called mom and we headed her way to borrow some.  I ended up making it over there.  Okay, she really ended up making it.  After the batter was made, I asked Ellie and Luke if they wanted a lick.  They said, "heck, yeah!!"  Well, kind of :)

Pregnancy update:  Still not sick!  Praise the Lord!!  But exhausted and around 1:00 everyday, it feels as though I have taken a sleeping pill.  So, when mom said, "Let me finish the cake and you go lie down with Ellie and Luke."  I said, "heck, yeah!!"  Oh, the blessings of having a mother in the same town. 


 

4 comments:

rhodes1 said...

Haha, Luke looks like he's working so hard at licking that chocolate!

LB said...

that kind of tired is torture!!! I'm relieved for you that you were able to lie down. I am not pregnant, but last night I literally collapsed into bed at 9:00, as soon as Ada was for sure asleep, and I immediately fell asleep, so I can only imagine being pregnant and that kind of tired.

Hollen said...

THESE are SO cute!! :)

Vanessa said...

Okay, I really need a piece of that cake! It looks soooo yummy! By the way, weird place to reply to your comment on my blog, but I didn't have your email address. Recovering the chairs weren't too bad. Usually, if you can take it apart, you can figure out how to get it back together. I love to paint furniture with a distressed finish because it doesn't have to be perfect! Just sand it up and add a little stain and it looks great! Thanks for the sweet comments! You can erase this now!