Friday, July 9, 2010

Some Updates and a Friday in Huntsville

Hello, faithful family and friend blog checkers.  Sorry it's been almost two weeks since I have posted.  If you check my mom's blog, you will see a lot of what we have been up to.  If not, then I will tell you we survived a week of Steven being gone at camp and visited with cousins a lot.  Played outside quite a bit.  And I have been up to my ears in sewing projects, among various other things.  I don't know that I have updated you on my sewing venture in a really, really long time.  But for those of you who care about that sort of thing, can I just say I. LOVE. IT.  It sucks me in and it is really hard for me to put it down once I get started on a project. It is on my blogging to do list to take pictures of the things I have made.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement on the raw milk, organic milk, healthy eating vent I expressed in the last post.  Yesterday I went to a ladies' house who showed how to grind wheat and make bread, muffins, and several other things.  It was very interesting.  I would love to do it, but am not at a place to purchase a grinder at this point, so that will wait.  In the meantime, I might borrow or use a friend's grinder to see if it is something I am really serious about.  The bread and rolls that I brought home yesterday afternoon are completely gone, so that is a good sign that my family would enjoy the world of highly nutritious flour.  

Let's see...what else do I need to tell you about?  This is why I hate waiting so long to blog again.  However, this is the first time that blogging is what I really wanted to do with my time when I had a second to sit down and relax.  I really enjoy my blog, and don't want it to become something else that is on my checklist. 

Ellie, Luke, Andrew and I all went to Huntsville with mom today.  She had a dentist appointment and asked if we wanted to come along.  Although when you go somewhere with all of us, it is more like you are tagging along with us.  We seem to dominate the trip.  After thinking about one minute, I decided I would take a trip to Huntsville.  We went to Chick-fil-A while she was in the dentist.  I knew it was cow appreciation day.  If you dress like a cow, you get a free chicken sandwich.  Although I left all our cow costumes at home, I thought the kids might enjoy the big Chick-fil-A cow.  Andrew did not enjoy him, in fact he screamed at the top of lungs when he saw him.  It runs in our family.  My sisters and I were all scared of large dressed up creatures when we were little and apparently have passed it along.  We enjoyed our lunch in spite of the cow.  I love Chick-fil-A.  What mom doesn't?  They have plastic placemats to tape to the table, Purell hand wipes, and the staff carried our food to our table, among other wonderful things.  Wendy's has that slogan, "It's not fast food, it's Wendy's."  But I feel like that about Chick-fil-A.  

Anyway, we stopped at the mall for my mom to get some shoes.  I ended up getting some also.  Mom said, "You know, I could get those for you and you can pay me back slowly."  It was too good to pass up.  Okay, I am going to show them to you.  They are the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet.  I have never heard of this brand.  Let me say I have lost all fashion sense since I have had children. (the little that I had)  I don't want to be a dork, but I really, really need to be comfortable.  So I thought these will be so perfect in the fall when I need to slip on shoes with capris or jeans.  
Please don't tell me if you totally hate them.  Because I am going to keep them no matter what.  

Okay, last stop-Costco.  Do you love it?  I love it.  The free samples, the really, really cheap snack bar.  Obviously doesn't go along with the healthy-eating goal.  But we did enjoy the gigantic cup of frozen yogurt for like, a dollar.  There was a demonstration going on today for this blender that pretty much cooks your meals and cleans your house.  The guy made "ice cream" which was almonds, water, some vanilla extract, and a little agave sweetener, and about four strawberries.  It was really, really good.  I am sold on the Blender-Tec, I think is what it was called.  

It is time for me to think about getting dinner started, but I have to tell you this one hilarious Ellie story.  I have already told several friends, so my apologies if you are reading it again.  Okay, sometimes Steven watches this 80's show, Knight Rider starring David Hasselhoff-I am guessing he was in his 20s then, (along with the Hulk) with Ellie and Luke in the late afternoon.  So one night Ellie tells Steven that the man on that show is so, so handsome and she wants to marry him one day.  She said, "He has curly hair and tan skin and I just think he is so handsome."  Steven said it freaked him out that his five year old daughter was saying this about David Hasselhoff.




4 comments:

Laura Forman said...

okay so i love the shoes! :) what brand are they? i am going to have to check them out...they do look super comfy!!

LB said...

oh my word, I am literally laughing out loud about Ellie's comment, and I can hear the way her voice must have sounded as she said it. That is hilarious.

I like the shoes!!! And we just got back from Chick-fil-a where we all ate dinner for FREE b/c we were dressed as cows.

Ada loves the dressed up cow, but she also loves dogs. She might not have loved the cow at Andrew's age though.

Okay, that's all my comments.

Oh wait, one more. Whose house did you go to? I want to hear more about that.

Sarah said...

Ann, I think you have good fashion sense (this is meant to be a compliment, but from me, it shouldn't mean much, because unlike you, I really am a dork when it comes to those things--you really are so cute whenever I've seen you).

And I can feel for your hubby in the creeping out dept. If Ruby said that, I don't know what I'd do.

Stephanie said...

Ellie must be taking after her aunt Steph because I USED TO BE IN LOVE WITH KNIGHT RIDER!!! ROFL ROFL!!! :) Oh, and I LOVE the shoes.