Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snow, One more hospital visit, and Froot Loop Garland

We woke up to a little surprise this morning. Just a little dusting. And it was gone just a few hours later.


Speaking of surprises, on Thursday night at about 11:30, Andrew woke up screaming a little harder than usual. After several minutes, it occurred to me that I should check to make sure his catheter wasn't caught, or pulling or something. It wasn't. However, his diaper was completely dry-the same one I had put on him at 6:00. And he had nursed a few times since then. His catheter wasn't draining. So....I basically panicked and yelled for Steven to call an emergency number.

Sidenote: After I had Ellie I had to wear a catheter for 2 weeks because my bladder was swollen shut from pushing for three hours. I know. Fun, huh? After the first week, I went to the doctor and they took it out and sent me home. I was still not able to go on my own, so after a few hours and extreme discomfort I had to go to the emergency room to have another one put in. So, Thurs. night I was having flashbacks and could feel his pain.

We called mom and dad, they rushed over and we RUSHED back to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, he was fairly calm and once they got us back to the room, I took off his diaper to look at it. I could see something at the tip of the catheter, and started trying to get it out myself. (very sanitary) I easily got whatever it was out. Immediately, a little drip, drip, drip returned. So thankful, but couldn't believe we were going to pay $300 for something I fixed myself. We got back home at about 2:30.

Because of all the hospital/surgery events of the past week, we're a little behind on our Christmas decorations. But thanks to mom, Ellie and Luke are ready. She bought them each a little frasier fir for their rooms. ($15 at Wal-Mart) Today we made a little something to add to the trees.


A box of these...


A piece of this...


A few bites along the way...




And ta-da!
Who doesn't love a Froot Loop garland?


You can't beat it. Cheap. Easy. And the kids loved doing it.

And here are their trees. Ellie picked colored lights. Luke picked blue.



They need a little more work. I would like to try some popcorn garland, but I think you have to use a needle and thread. So that would just be a project for me.

I feel a little worn out already from the decorating. Can I call the two mini-trees a decorated house and be done?





2 comments:

LB said...

how fun!! Did you get a wooden high chair?

Mary Ann said...

Oh Ann, I love the fruit loop garland. What a precious idea. And how great that Ellie and Luke each have a tree in their bedrooms. Ellie's tree is beautiful. If you posted a picture of Luke's tree, it didn't show up on my computer.