Friday, April 24, 2009

Picture Update

We have been super busy over the last few weeks. First came Easter, then last weekend we traveled to Evergreen, AL so Ellie could be the flower girl in my cousins wedding. Tomorrow we will celebrate Ellie's 4th birthday (pictures to follow). And in the middle of all that, we experienced some crazy weather. While Steven's mom was here, we spent some time in the closet during a tornado warning. There was golf ball size hail covering our deck. And then the following week, got hit with a gravity wave. I have never heard of it, but apparently it's a rare weather phenomenon that creates hurricane force winds. It did a number on our little town and we spent a couple of hours up during the night listening to trees falling all around us (one landed in our driveway). It was pretty scary! I wish I had more time to write but there is just not much spare time these days. Oh...I included a picture of Luke after he got into some baby powder. He is my sensitive little boy and so when I found him, I just gently said "Luke, did you know you weren't supposed to do that?" And he lost it. I had to snap a picture really fast.


My grandmother was one of four girls, just like me. This is the youngest of her sisters, Mary. She is the grandmother of the bride. Side note: This was also the same church my parents were married in.

I don't know if you can tell, but there are dirty diapers all over the yard. We had already put the garbage out the night before. So first thing in the morning, Steven got to clean this up. Fun, huh?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

We had similar weather here- it was very scary, I am gald everyone is okay! On a side note, you look GORGEOUS! I would never know that you have had three children :)

Amy said...

I can't imagine that weather! Great pics--it's hard to believe how big the kids are. :-)

nurseheather said...

i love the family picture - you guys look adorable

Rachel said...

We actually live in Calera, AL. which is south of Birmingham- I think things were much worse near you, but it has been a crazy spring weather-wise!

JJ said...

hey girl! Cute cute kiddos! Can you send me your home address? thanks so much :)

Unknown said...

Awwww!!! THEY ARE SOOOOOO CUTE! LOL Wow on the weather! That is so scary!! Love you all and miss you! Maybe I will see you next month when I come for camp? Hannah Howarth my cousin is coming too! She is excited to meet Uncle Steve at New Camp West if not at New Camp East. :)
Hollen