Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Junk Food Perfection

Last night Steven, Ellie, Luke, and I went to Huntsville to pick out tile for our new house. It turned into a longer visit at the tile store than we had anticipated, as most of our "house appointments" have. Luke fell once on some tile and now has his weekly knot on his forehead. Ellie spent most of the time on my cell phone talking to "Kelly". I'm not sure where she got Kelly, but she certainly comes up a lot in conversations. They did well for the most part, but definitely got restless at the end.

By the time we were finished, it was past dinner time. We are always excited to be in Huntsville for dinner, since we have MANY more choices than Scottsboro can offer. We debated between Chili's and Chick-fil-A, and Chick-fil-A won out because of price and time AND because we wanted to have a little after dinner treat at Krispy Kreme! Chick-fil-A was a hit and we headed off to Krispy Kreme or the "donut shop" as we explained to Ellie. The kids were very excited when we sat down to a piping hot box of a dozen pieces of sugary gold! And I mean hot! We even had to wait a little bit so they wouldn't burn the kids mouths. So, so, good!! Ellie LOVED them. She was so nervous about not having enough, she told us to stop going so fast. After her second one, we had to put a stop to it, even though she was ready for a third! Steven had 4, I had 3, Ellie had 2, and Luke had 1. Which left 2- one is promised to Ellie for an after school treat, and I have already enjoyed the last one after my lunch today.

I have to say one more thing about the Krispy Kreme donuts. It is a true fact that when Steven and I lived in Albuquerque, before we had kids, we could finish a dozen by ourselves!! Which came up last night as we were eating. And something about that made Steven decide he was going to run a half-marathon with all my sisters in the fall. I would attempt it as well, but I have to face reality, that training for a half-marathon with a 3 yr. old and a 1 yr. old, while building a house, just is not going to happen for me. Maybe when my kids are a little older. So, after a night of Chick-fil-A and Krispy Kreme, a half-marathon is in the works for one of us, at least :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

i am SO excited you started a blog Ann!!! yeah!!!! I am going to add you to my blog:-)

Ashley Turnbull said...

Your not going to believe this, but tonight I read your blog amidst cleaning my house for a party tomorrow night. I had the KK in my head. Adam and I then headed out to Costco, which happens to be right across from KK. Yep. I did it. Got a whole dozen - knowing that I'd take some to work tomorrow. Only because I read it on YOUR blog was I craving one! Ha! Adam did not eat a single one. Willpower! You'll have to keep us updated on the new house...pictures and progress and such!

LB said...

okay, I laughed out loud several times while reading this blog. I could totally picture Ellie talking on the phone SO HARD, and then it really made me laugh that she wanted ya'll to slow down with the donuts for fear she wouldn't get enough. I can understand her panic:) I can't wait to see the tile.

Unknown said...

Steve at 4! and you ate 3! I'm impressed. really. and Ellie 2. One time in high school. I was eating them inside the KK, and this woman had been watching me for a while. She smiled and said, "I envy you." I'm not sure exactly what she meant, but I think it was that I could eat them guilt free or something.